UPDATE 2 -- Afghan gov't: 31 Americans among 38 killed in NATO helicopter crash

News_Editor

RIP to those who lost their lives, condolences to the families, friends, fellow servicemen/women etc. Doubt if the public will ever be completely informed, as to circumstances, personal, etc, but I can foresee a rethink on the 'local friendlies' who are a part of the unit makeup.

Delta Force would disagree as they killed him in 2001 at Tora Bora

Wait.....The critics will say where is the body?

Wait 2......The same can be said for the recent claim

The actual comments were that they THOUGHT they had killed him. Here's the reality:

Osama Bin Laden died eight years ago during the battle for Tora Bora in Afghanistan, either from a US bomb or from a serious kidney disease.

Or so the conspiracy theory goes.

An interview from a Delta force member who was there:

We believe, it was our opinion at the time, that he died inside that cave," Fury says.

Bin Laden's radio went silent. And Dalton Fury believed the bombs had killed him. Six months later, American and Canadian forces came back for proof. They checked al Qaeda fighting holes and used explosives to try open up collapsed caves. They hoped to find bin Laden's body in an al Qaeda graveyard rising from the opium poppies.

The troops dug up bodies, removed fingers for forensic analysis, but, there was no luck. In October 2004, bin Laden released a video and Fury knew his team had failed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/02/60minutes/main4494937.shtml

So no, Delta force does not NOW believe they killed him in Tora Bora...they've known that for many years.

Another conspiracy theory.

So no, Delta force does not NOW believe they killed him in Tora Bora...they've known that for many years.

It is hard these days to separate one theory from another they all look,smell like the same thing. ;)

All those pictures & forensic evidence missing from the latest one in Pakistan...Looks & smells the same to me

At the end of the day what does it matter? Have we stopped spending to chase ghosts in the land that old empires go to die?

Who is the new reason?

Meanwhile Rome burns

It is hard these days to separate one theory from another they all look,smell like the same thing. ;)

All those pictures & forensic evidence missing from the latest one in Pakistan...Looks & smells the same to me

At the end of the day what does it matter? Have we stopped spending to chase ghosts in the land that old empires go to die?

Who is the new reason?

Meanwhile Rome burns

Here, here! Agreed. I think we will have to wait a few years and see if an OBL video shows up! Wouldn't that be horrible?

I feel very sorry for the guys killed in this crash...and their families. Not worth it, IMHO. They are only doing what they are told to do...it's the leaders that need to shape up...or ship out! And I think next election, there will be some shipping out.

I thought we weren't discussing B.S conspiracy theories here. :angry:

He is dead. And was killed in the seal team raid on his compound in Pakistan. FACT.

We are not discussing theories merely pointing out once again the lack of facts

So what's it to be coverage allowed of U.S servicemen killed in action, or not, or it depends on who it embarrasses? :annoyed:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/08/obamas-ugly-manipulative-cynicism-in-navy-seal-death-reverses-himself-imposes-media-ban-on-return-of.html

Obama reverses lift, bans media: No Media Access for Return of Service Members to U.S. FOX News. Clearly, the visual of a parade of coffins, the worst day in recent US history, would not be an opportune Obama photo op. Cold-blooded calculation.