Free Iclinic On August 13

woodyleonhard

I wanted to make sure you all know that “Mr. X” K Sitthichai will have a Mac Clinic (forgive me for calling it an iClinic!) next Saturday, 10:00, August 13, at the Sandwich Shoppe in Chalong.

I’ve been trying to get a Mac Clinic going, to mirror our PC-centric Computer Clinics on Sunday morning. I’m hoping that we’ll finally, finally get enough interest going to get it off the ground this time.

Please, tell your friends. Forward this post to everyone you know who uses a Mac, iPhone or iPad. Let’s see if we can get this thing rolling…

Sponsored by Khun Woody's Sandwich Shoppes, PhuketSchool.com and the Phuket Gazette.

There should be more interest now. I just was watching the CBS Evening News on my iPad and Apple is about to over take Exxon Mobile as the US's most valuable company. Apple sales are up 80% this year...

I am just curious, how was the turnout? I thought about going, but I didn't have any questions about how to do anything or use anything, so I passed.

Yo Jimi007,

I was there but am a PC user so was not really paying attention. I would say there was about 12 people there.

As I was sort of doing my own thing, one thing I noticed was that the clinic seemed to get bogged down, with people's particular problems. One guy going on and on about not being able to connect this to that (ended up being an app problem), one lady saying she needed to learn how to store photos. I would say a better format to this would be to have a presentation, then open the floor to questions & issues.

I am just curious, how was the turnout? I thought about going, but I didn't have any questions about how to do anything or use anything, so I passed.

Yo Jimi007,

I was there but am a PC user so was not really paying attention. I would say there was about 12 people there.

As I was sort of doing my own thing, one thing I noticed was that the clinic seemed to get bogged down, with people's particular problems. One guy going on and on about not being able to connect this to that (ended up being an app problem), one lady saying she needed to learn how to store photos. I would say a better format to this would be to have a presentation, then open the floor to questions & issues.

Thanks for the report GOM. Kinda what I thought it might be like... People that are kind of new to Mac or new to computers in general. I've been using Macs since 1995, so I rarely have a problem I can't figure out and if I do, an old friend of mine hangs out with Steve Wozniac... Real geeks.

@Woody,

I posted a thread regarding website design courses, I remember you were thinking about doing them at the sandwich shoppe. Did anything eventuate out of that? i got a PM from some guys from BKK that were going to set something up with you. I have been to a few of your seminars and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

• 5 months later...

Hello , I'm looking for someone on the south side of the island with a mac willing to help me out. I need to connect my mac book pro to another mac and try to restore my screen which is black. It apppears that it's stuck in sleep mode as I can hear the HD start but I only get the black screen and no log in option. Please pm me if willing to help.

Regards,

Thom