'o' Visa Extension

Ok, I know that 'o' visas have been done to death on here, but I've got a new scenario that I wonder if someone can answer.

I've just arrived in Thailand on a multi-entry non imm o, and am going to be taking a teaching job with a school in Saraburi until March, when the school year ends, and then I'll be looking to move on to something better paid. I know in order to get the one year extension on the non imm o you have to either have 400k in the bank, or be earning 40k a month. Well, neither of those things are going to apply before my visa comes up for extension, although I will have a job and a work permit already by then. Would it be possible for me to get an extension based on the fact that I would expect to be earning over the required 40k a month next time my visa came up for extension, or would I have to already be earning it there and then?

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Are you married to a Thai and supporting her? That is the only way the 400k/40k come into play for extensions.

If married you will have to plead your case with immigration but if you have employment below 40k I would next expect too much unless you can offset it with money in the bank account but there is a chance they can give you some breathing room.

You can extend that multi entry visa on any entry so there is no requirement that you must do it on the first 90 day entry.

and then I'll be looking to move on to something better paid......before my visa comes up for extension, although I will have a job and a work permit already by then.

Well, there's confident.

OK. Here goes. I'll risk being shot down in flames.

The inference is you are married.

If you are not married:

You refer to teaching. You need a B visa to get a work permit if in paid teaching employment unless married to a Thai. With B visa the minimum income does not apply to teachers (although they wish it did).