Nouvo Elegance 135Cc -Too Slippery Tyres.......

wana

and dumped the bike exactly once, in unexpected gravel. It is a bright sunny day, no water...how would you 'adapt' your driving style to this? When I looked at the road after the spill, it had a very light dusting of sand and dirt...which could not be easily seem.

-

, maybe you need a trip to specsavers ?? .. i have no issues with seeing sand on the road jap.gif

honestly.. the amount of people making excuses for their total lack of riding skills is alarming... i have drove the Nuovo back home from walking street to east pattaya loads of times, literally, blind drunk and have had no issues closedeyes.gif

its a 'twist and go' 8-9 bhp scooter we are talking about here .... not a fricking superbike huh.png

Edited by William Osborne

Sniper Osborne said: "maybe you need a trip to specsavers ?? .. i have no issues with seeing sand on the road"

I guess reading comprehension is about the only thing you are not perfect in? Here's a protip...if someone takes the time to say a 'light dusting of sand that was not easily seen', assume that you would not see it either. Since you seem to be a sniper, I will now ignore you. Enjoy your perfect existence sir.

KB

Some years ago I had Bridgestone BT39SS (front) on a Wave. IRC on the rear. Should you wish to consider something different. They also worked OK.

I think the issue may be the size of the tires, but it is good to know that there may be alternatives. Thanks for the info.

Best Regards,

KB

Edited by KBTexas

and dumped the bike exactly once, in unexpected gravel. It is a bright sunny day, no water...how would you 'adapt' your driving style to this? When I looked at the road after the spill, it had a very light dusting of sand and dirt...which could not be easily seem.

-

, maybe you need a trip to specsavers ?? .. i have no issues with seeing sand on the road jap.gif

honestly.. the amount of people making excuses for their total lack of riding skills is alarming... i have drove the Nuovo back home from walking street to east pattaya loads of times, literally, blind drunk and have had no issues closedeyes.gif

its a 'twist and go' 8-9 bhp scooter we are talking about here .... not a fricking superbike huh.png

In 1000 KMs my 2009 model stock tires slipped on me twice.

I could lock up the front tire and skid at only 15-20kmh, that's pitiful.

My stock tired NE135 slipped out on me on wet concrete at less than walking speed on me.

I never fell and kept the bike up as it was going so slow, but that was proof to me that the 2009 model tires suck.

5000 KMs with my upgraded tires and no slips to date, and I ride through deep water and aggressively to avoid BKK traffic.

Now I can't make my front tire skid in the dry on my Dunlop TT900 either.

If you haven't crashed yet, you are either very lucky or you ride like a blind grandmother that's missing one arm.

Mr. Osbourne; I challenge you to a race on our Nouvo's at Bangkok Racing Circuit.

Any day, any weather conditions, and any time that suits you is OK for me.

I upgraded my tires so after you crash and I lap you; you will have to come up with another excuse other than your tires.

Seriously, a race might not be even based on our weight and how old the engines are, but you can run your bike and my bike yourself so you can first hand experience how crappy your stock tires are.

Edited by ttakata
  • Like 1

In 1000 KMs my 2009 model stock tires slipped on me twice.

I could lock up the front tire and skid at only 15-20kmh, that's pitiful.

My stock tired NE135 slipped out on me on wet concrete at less than walking speed on me.

I never fell and kept the bike up as it was going so slow, but that was proof to me that the 2009 model tires suck.

5000 KMs with my upgraded tires and no slips to date, and I ride through deep water and aggressively to avoid BKK traffic.

Now I can't make my front tire skid in the dry on my Dunlop TT900 either.

Why would you use your front brake in wet concrete huh.png ..

Back brake provides plenty of stopping power at town speeds, especially for less experienced riders whose bike control is questionable sleep.png

• 1 year later...

Update:

A month after this topic exchange, I changed to Dunlop tires front and back. No issues whatsoever in over a year (14 months) in rain, sand, dirt, etc. Same roads, same conditions: no wiggles, slips, slides or dumps. So gee, ya think maybe it WAS the tires???? I just love pundits that find excuses and point fingers for everything. ;)

Hope everyone riding with the IRC's are still around to comment on them. :D

KB