Any Good Builders Around Khorat

kev_o

Can anyone advise of any good building contractor that they might have used or heard of in or around the Khorat area for building a house.Basically I'm looking for a contractor that will pretty much do everything from clearing the land through building, finishing etc. I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Cheers

Hi Kev

There is a guy in commercial ads called excaliber with a post ISAAN BUILDER

I sent him a e mail about building me a carport and motor bike work shed and a moden Thai kitchen and a shop but he said he only does major jobs :o:D:D

So give him a try

I used an architect ;Mr. Chanakit Rattanaphong

1542 Suranarai Rd. 30000 Korat

He supervised the total construction and hiring the builders.

My brother in law (Lawyer) made a nice contract with penalty clauses.

You can see my house in the pictures (somewhere)

I don't know if he still doing the practical things or only designing?

We have a house going up not far from Korat and, so far, the builder is spot on. He doesn't do land clearance or fill but we know people who do. If you post information about where your house will be in relation to Korat town, I will have some idea of whether or not they are near enough to be of use to you.

Hi Kev. Guess you don't want to use those same contractors that built that sala (beer house) for you, huh? Pretty sturdy building that I do believe would survive an earthquake....but a slightly strong northeasterly wind would probably blow it over. :o

By the way, welcome back and see you this week. :D

Edited by Ken

Hi Ken, if Kev is local, please fell free and show him my house. The builder was great as you have seen. I know he also works as far as Korat town even thou he lives in Khong. If you want any detail please fell free to PM or email me.

See you all next month.

CF

Hi Kev.  Guess you don't want to use those same contractors that built that sala (beer house) for you, huh?  Pretty sturdy building that I do believe would survive an earthquake....but a slightly strong northeasterly wind would probably blow it over. :o

By the way, welcome back and see you this week. :D

Hi Ken, if Kev is local, please fell free and show him my house. The builder was great as you have seen. I know he also works as far as Korat town even thou he lives in Khong. If you want any detail please fell free to PM or email me.

See you all next month.

CF

Good point Richard. Kev is only in for a week this trip, but if possible I'll try and get him up to your house for a look. I indeed do remember that you were quite pleased with the contractor out of Khong and for sure your house is BEAUTIFUL. Cheers from here to there. :o

I used an architect ;Mr. Chanakit Rattanaphong

1542 Suranarai Rd. 30000 Korat

He supervised the total construction and hiring the builders.

My brother in law (Lawyer) made a nice contract with penalty clauses.

You can see my house in the pictures (somewhere)

I don't know if he still doing the practical things or only designing?

Now this is the builder I would hire . I have only seen Dutch's house from the outside but the photos of the inside look great too . Do you have a phone number also Dutch ?

• 2 weeks later...

All, thanks for the feedback, like always I ended up having a very short trip and never really got round to organizing anything.

I like the sound of the guy in Khorat and will be sure to check him out. As for the Sala, Ken, I totally agree, looks pretty nice but better be careful how you move inside it, I realised that you need to position yourself opposite someone of equal weight to be on the safe side.

Anyway, cheers again, another thing that will remain on my list until next visit.

All, thanks for the feedback, like always I ended up having a very short trip and never really got round to organizing anything.

I like the sound of the guy in Khorat and will be sure to check him out. As for the Sala, Ken, I totally agree, looks pretty nice but better be careful how you move inside it, I realised that you need to position yourself opposite someone of equal weight to be on the safe side.

Anyway, cheers again, another thing that will remain on my list until next visit.