Teacher Visa Documents

Dear Reader

A Government School accepted me as EngLish Teacher.

Now I want to get Thai Teacher Visa and I dont know about documents because i need to manage documents byself.

I will tell the School about documents and they will provide me documents.

My degree is Bachelor Maths & Physics and MBA Finance.

Kindly tell me about documents required for teacher Visa and I also wana know ,do i need teacher license??

The official MFA website list is as below - do not believe most Consulates require the police check currently.

2.4 Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Teaching) Foreigners who intend to take up employment as school teachers at the levels below university level in Thailand must submit the following required documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months

- Completed visa application form

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand.

- Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission.

- Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.

- School license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile.

- Applicant’s resume.

- Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record or equivalents or letter issued by authorised agencies in applicant’s country. (The requirement of the submission of such police certificate is optional. The applicant must submit it if consular officer requests he/she to do so. This requirement is effective as from May 2007)

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

Dear

you are telling me 3rd process.

i would like to know about,

Process 1:- My degree is Bachelor Maths & physics and MBA Finance. So how to get the Teacher license from teacher Coucil of Thailand.

???????/

processs 2:- How to get the word permit from the Labour Department????

process 3:- When i will have Teacher license and Work permit Then i will get Visa?????

So i wana know about documents for all these process?

You need a visa first, than you come to Thailand with your educational degrees etc and apply for the work permit.

Yes, you will probably need a teaching license if it is for a government school, which you only get if you have a degree in education (not just math, etc). The school might get you a waiver for 2 years at least for a teachers license.

:cheesy: :cheesy: .....Lopburi3..sorry mate cant resist it...I mean I know the schooling system in Thailand is a mess, but come on they cant be that desperate surely...When I grow up I want to be eNgliSh reacher too....:w00t:

i glad u did bee four me

Edited by beano2274

What Lopburi quotes from the MFA website is HOW it SHOULD be and HOW it COULD be.

Some Thai Embassies and/or Consulates are very soft on the requirements, others are very strict.

In many cases a letter of intent from a future employer, the school registration and a copy of the ID of the person mentioned on the school-registration is enough.

In some cases, they require all documents as mentioned on the MFA website, including police check.

The teacher's visa is in fact a non-immigrant 'B' visa.

Obtained in Laos, Cambodia or Malaysia will get you a 3 month, single entry.

Obtained in your home-country (in Western Countries) will get you a one year, multiple entry.

Once you obtained your visa and back in Thailand you'll have to deal with 3 stations:

- Ministry of Education for a permit to teach in Thailand (that can be a teacher's license).

- Ministry of Labor for your work permit

- Immigration (once you are going to connect your visa to your work permit or if you would like to extend your stay based on your work permit)

Take care that you never go on your own to MoE, MoL or Immigration, but take someone from the school!!

I know, great answer, but there is still the question, what documents?

Therefore I suggest to contact the Consulate of Embassy where you would like to obtain your visa and ask them for the documents and amount of copies and if original documents should be translated into Thai.

Don't forget to take the original documents with you for visual check. Never hand them over, but sometimes they would like to see them.

The response from others than Lopburi and Mario are understandable.........too many teachers are working without a work permit or even without a proper visa.

This is illegal and the consequences of being caught may be catastrophic.

Edited by saengsureeya

What Lopburi quotes from the MFA website is HOW it SHOULD be and HOW it COULD be.

Some Thai Embassies and/or Consulates are very soft on the requirements, others are very strict.

In many cases a letter of intent from a future employer, the school registration and a copy of the ID of the person mentioned on the school-registration is enough.

In some cases, they require all documents as mentioned on the MFA website, including police check.

The teacher's visa is in fact a non-immigrant 'B' visa.

Obtained in Laos, Cambodia or Malaysia will get you a 3 month, single entry.

Obtained in your home-country (in Western Countries) will get you a one year, multiple entry.

Once you obtained your visa and back in Thailand you'll have to deal with 3 stations:

- Ministry of Education for a permit to teach in Thailand (that can be a teacher's license).

- Ministry of Labor for your work permit

- Immigration (once you are going to connect your visa to your work permit or if you would like to extend your stay based on your work permit)

Take care that you never go on your own to MoE, MoL or Immigration, but take someone from the school!!

I know, great answer, but there is still the question, what documents?

Therefore I suggest to contact the Consulate of Embassy where you would like to obtain your visa and ask them for the documents and amount of copies and if original documents should be translated into Thai.

Don't forget to take the original documents with you for visual check. Never hand them over, but sometimes they would like to see them.

The response from others than Lopburi and Mario are understandable.........too many teachers are working without a work permit or even without a proper visa.

This is illegal and the consequences of being caught may be catastrophic.

Remember some local Consulates might ask for the WP receipt before issuing a Non Immigrant Visa.

ok

As I searching from Internet I could get Teacher licence according to different Routes,

ROUTE 1

Persons who have had teaching experience with not less than 1 year and

1. Hold a degree in Education or

2. Hold other degrees and a teaching license from abroad or

3. Hold other degrees and a graduate diploma in Education with 1 year

course of study.

In addition, they also must successfully complete a professional training course and pass

assessment of knowledge as follows:

(1) Thai language and culture

(2) Professional ethics

When they have passed the assessment according to (1) and (2), they can file an application.

In case of applicants’ teaching experience with less than 1 year, they shall provide a certification

letter, issued by an educational institution, and submit it to the TCT for issuing a teaching practice

certificate and permitting them to attend the training course.

ROUTE 2

Persons who have had teaching experience with not less 1 year and hold other degrees

without a teaching license from abroad; or those who do not hold a graduate diploma

in Education with a study course of not less than 1 year, must pass the test, training and

assessment as follows:

(1) Thai language and culture

(2) Professional ethics

(3) Professional knowledge

When they have passed the assessment according to (1), (2) and (3), they can file an application.

In case of applicants’ teaching experience with less than 1 year, they shall provide a certification

letter, issued by an educational institution, and submit it to the TCT for issuing a teaching practice

certificate and permitting them to attend the training course, and professional knowledge test.

OP, are you sure you want to teach English? Don't you think it would be appropriate to improve your own English language skills first?

Please also advise the name and address of the school that accepted you. The Ministry of Education might be interested.

@tom BKK

what do u mean? Kindly tell me what you wana say and whom u wana say???

Your written English is horrendous, you make basic mistakes, small i for example

wana with one n. Even kids in Prathom 1 know that I is big.

If a government school is looking to give you a job, then you had best improve your

English quickly. Maybe they gave you the job because you can speak English, but as soon

as you start writing they may change their minds. And then you might find it difficult to get another job.

Edited by beano2274

@tom BKK

what do u mean? Kindly tell me what you wana say and whom u wana say???

Your written English is horrendous, you make basic mistakes, small i for example

wana with one n. Even kids in Prathom 1 know that I is big.

If a government school is looking to give you a job, then you had best improve your

English quickly. Maybe they gave you the job because you can speak English, but as soon

as you start writing they may change their minds. And then you might find it difficult to get another job.

"As I searching from Internet I could get Teacher licence according to different Routes,"

Malik . ..I would guess from this sentence alone that you are not a native English speaker.

As others have posted, perhaps this will not be the right position for you.

Malik, do you know what level and where will you be teaching?

At this point, at the lower Prathom level in a remote village you might get away with it. ( Its hard to mess up teaching the alphabet! )

But if you get into Mattayom classes, especially in the city, your students will be correcting YOU!

As well, other teachers will notice that your English is substandard and so will many parents. It might become very unpleasant for you.

You might want to think over your application and your underlying reasons for coming to Thailand.

"A THAI FAMILY WANTS TO ADOPT ME AS SON. I AM FROM INDIA.

IF THEY ADOPT ME, COULD I GET THAI NATIOLAITY OR NOT?"

This is a quote from another post the OP made. He also stated he is 25 years old.

Only one or two conclusions I can think of. T...l or S....d.