Whey Protein And Creatine Prices

davedragonfly

Hi

I'm looking for a steady supply of whey protein and creatine. I took a look at GNC today, and even after their '50% off after you pay 500 to become a member,' a months supply will set you back just under B5000.

This seems a little pricey. I could get a similar amount for a third the price back home. Is this the normal price for Thailand, or are there better places to buy from?

Thanks!!!

We have a special on Creatine this month. Musashi Creapure 300g for 800. That includes delivery and VAT. All products Thai FDA approved.

We also have some whey on special.

Please visit our site for more info - www.thaisupplements.com

300g for B800 is a 'Special' ????? Most places sell 300g of creatine for B400-B500

Good question. All the supplements here are imported so transportation, VAT, import taxes plus our margin all increase the price.

Most people also compare to online prices on foreign websites and these are basically wholesale operations with no office, overheads etc.

Musashi is also a premium brand so that means no ingredients from China. For example, the raw creatine comes from Degussa, a well respected German manufacturer.

Our local prices here are the similar to those in the shops in Musashi's home market of Australia.

how come supplements are so expensive in Thailand?

I ran into this issue multiple times and for the past 3 year have ordered large quantities from http://www.bodybuilding.com/ (US company) and had it shipped here. I will in general order about 500usd worth of product and shipping is 100$, this can last me 6-8 months with huge amounts of selection.

Just this month I ordered orange tiradex2=3 months (multivit, $59.95), animal rage (pre work out, $33.99), Myofusion 5lb(protein powder, $44.99), and 2000g of creatine, $37.99. Cost to my door $226.80 took about 2 weeks to arrive no issues. As for Musashi, its a chalky tasting protein that is extremely overpriced regardless of the VAT. There isnt any reason besides a lack of research by most people for Musashi to still be in business over the years.

No. It costs a bit more here. Here are a few examples comparing retail prices:

Bulk 1.2kg RRP in Australia is 1633 ($52.50) and it retails here for 1950

L-Carnitine caps are 1864 ($59.99) and they retail here for 2050

The ISO8 900g retails at 2722 baht ($87.50) and we sell it for 2850 (after a price rise from 2550 last month.)

Our website has other products such as bars and some proteins at lower prices though but we need to follow our retailers prices for most products.

I compared the price of musashi bulk on your website and the same @ gnc. 1950 for 1.2 kilos.

Are you saying this is the same price in australia?

We can't compete with low cost US brands on wholesale websites and don't really try to. It is a diverse market and there is room for various price and quality levels.

Musashi has been around for almost 25 years and is now owned by the biggest food and dairy group in the world (Nestle).

The products are chosen by countless professional athletes and everyday sports people all over the world.

http://www.musashi.c...shi-Ambassadors

We also have plenty of happy customers locally - http://www.thaisuppl...onials-t-5.html

As for taste, the proteins were recently completely changed so if you want to try a sample please feel free to send me a PM

I ran into this issue multiple times and for the past 3 year have ordered large quantities from http://www.bodybuilding.com/ (US company) and had it shipped here. I will in general order about 500usd worth of product and shipping is 100$, this can last me 6-8 months with huge amounts of selection.

Just this month I ordered orange tiradex2=3 months (multivit, $59.95), animal rage (pre work out, $33.99), Myofusion 5lb(protein powder, $44.99), and 2000g of creatine, $37.99. Cost to my door $226.80 took about 2 weeks to arrive no issues. As for Musashi, its a chalky tasting protein that is extremely overpriced regardless of the VAT. There isnt any reason besides a lack of research by most people for Musashi to still be in business over the years.

How much customs did you pay and did they ship USPS?

We have a special on Creatine this month. Musashi Creapure 300g for 800. That includes delivery and VAT. All products Thai FDA approved.

I have tried some different Musashi protein bought trough a supplier here for 2-3 years now and when I think the taste is okay and the products hopefully have the ingredients their said to have I do not really know up today if this products really are produced in Australia or if it’s only a cover to justified higher prices? Main reason to my skeptics is because the ingredients and nutrition information is covered by a black sticker. What is that for if the ingredients and the products are legal?

Yes, all the products are made in Australia and fully imported. They are all Thai FDA approved and the process is actually very hard to pass.

All products contain what the label says and we are required to have them tested here by government approved labs before we can sell them. Musashi in Australia will also verify that we are their sole distributor here.

The regulations require us to cover anything on the label that the Thai FDA feels is a "claim" and we do this with a black sticker. The Thai FDA considers almost anything a claim, for example a muscled person or "low fat" so we need to cover parts of the original label. You can peel it off pretty easily most of the time.

There is also white sticker that has the required Thai language nutrition and ingredient info plus a 13 digit Thai FDA number. Any products you buy locally without this number are smuggled in. It's the same with most things in the supermarket here - if you see a white sticker on the back it normally means the product was manufactured overseas and imported into Thailand.

I have tried some different Musashi protein bought trough a supplier here for 2-3 years now and when I think the taste is okay and the products hopefully have the ingredients their said to have I do not really know up today if this products really are produced in Australia or if it's only a cover to justified higher prices? Main reason to my skeptics is because the ingredients and nutrition information is covered by a black sticker. What is that for if the ingredients and the products are legal?

Just to give an update.

Thaisportsupplements was kind enough to send me samples of 3 of their protein powders (very fast delivery I should add, 1 business day).

The taste has definetly imporved and is on par with most of the major brands you would see in the states like ON, and MYO. But the big thing they have improved on is the mixability. No nits and grits very smooth vanilla taste.

I would pick up some of their IS08 if I was in a bind and needed some before I could get some in from the states.

HI,

i always get my stuff from FITWHEY, just google it. they carry the biggest variety of bodybuilding supplements in thailand at AFFORDABLE prices not like the rip off prices from musashi or GNC.

additionally to that is that they have the most well-known and reputable US brands which are getting good reviews worldwide. i tried musashi, proflex and GNC products and nothing was close to what fitwhey offer in term of price, service, quality and taste.

their dymatize all natural whey protein line is very nice as it dont have the artificial flavor like other whey proteins have.it just taste very natural, whether you drink in milk , water or put it in your low-fat yoghurt.

and more than 7000 facebook fans speak for them self which is huge for thailand and its tiny bodybuilding/fitness community

• 1 month later...

Hi James,

It is because you are comparing a "bulk" supplement/protein powder with a 100%(or about 90% in reality) whey protein powder. Not apples to apples mate.

The bulk ones are closer to a meal replacement - and tries to boost overall calories per serving -in that it often will have some (healthy) fats and much more carbs(for energy/"bulking").

As generally easy to find easy, cheap healthy carbs here (bananas/fruits Etc.) to eat or dumb in my shakes, I prefer to just buy the 100% whey protein powders.

Cheers!

Just finished first container of musashi bulk chocolate. Loved the taste but 4 scoups to get 30 grams or so of protein is not cheap. I have a tub of utrapro at home that's whey isolate and says 1 scoop is equiv to the musashi?

Hi Septeen,

Fine idea- but your main cost factor will not be the buying prices abroad (mainly US) as the many online discount shops there have already lowered the prices to rock bottom (in the US I noticed that brick and mortar health shops sell at about DOUBLE the price of online shops). The cost to worry about would be the import duties and shipping - which both tend to increase with the value/volume/weight anyway - I.e. no "bulk discount" at customs here :)

That said, a great "coop" plan would be to buy this deal; http://www.thaisupplements.com/th/pure-instantised-whey-protein-concentrate-20kg-p-45.html - and having 4-5 to share with get at 700 Baht/kilo. I have bought/shared from them before and they even gave an additional discount and samples when asked.

Cheers!

I see by this thread that there is much interest in whey in Thailand. A few people sending orders to the US independently. Would a whey/supplement coop be a good idea? Might yield better prices. - S.

www.wheybkk.com is the most cheap supplement store in bangkok

you should ask them full supplements list by email becouse webpage is not nice

they have a lot of products and best price for sure

i recently bought optimum whey protein 5lb for 1800 baht and 10 lb bag for a friend 3500 baht

If you live in bangkok you can meet them directly and buy what you need

anyone play fitness at central bang na ?

• 6 months later...