Britmaveric

CharlesDavid

What do you think of his PCN posts?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amusingly, Brit is the first to jump to the defence of Pattaya when someone draws the conclusion that the place is an utter dump populated by some very quare fish indeed.

Yet the content of the news he presents seems to back up this theory.

The irony is almost bittersweet.

Amusingly, Brit is the first to jump to the defence of Pattaya when someone draws the conclusion that the place is an utter dump populated by some very quare fish indeed.

Yet the content of the news he presents seems to back up this theory.

The irony is almost bittersweet.

Faire enough Moog, however I think statistically Patters is no worse than any other city in thailand. However the lack of real news there actually causes what normally wouldnt be printed well to be printed. :o

I think Brit has chosen a very apt tagline for himself:

Defender of the realm

Because he is a good stabilizer, a very loyal character who posts a lot but without posting loads of crap and silly topics like some others.

He is a very aimiable character both on and off the forum, not that I have yet had the pleasure of meeting him but I've spoken to him on the phone a couple of times, apparently. :o:D

ThaiVisa without Brit would be like Thailand without the expats, and by that I mean that there would be something familiar and approachable missing.

BTW Slasher.

Funny how you've been 'watching' this forum for 'a few years'  now and yet only felt so outraged by Brit's postings that you had to not only post once today in these 'few years' but twice now!!

At this rate you'll be in bedlam by the year 2576AD

Slash gets banned and comes back as someone else very often. It sounds as though he might be one of Howard's boy scouts in Patty.

Its pretty obvious who you are slasher.

Don't forget that Thaiflyer is going to give you a thrashing tonight.

You'd better take the cheapo motor too so they have some way of getting you home.

He got one over on me...............waited till 10pm and then in Jolly Roger no red sports car flying about. :o

I should really send him my bar bill. :D

i for one would like to see more of his postings regarding the antics of foriegners and (pattaya) lowlife in thailand.

they make a welcome diversion from the run of the mill postings on visas , bambinas armpit , work permits , thaksin the terrible and bird flu.

i'm sure we all read those pattaya stories and think "how easily i could have fallen into that trap etc." and thank our lucky stars we are not on the front page of that rag or tv show whatever it is.

most of us , despite out pretensions of intellectual superiority are drawn to sleaze and the sleazy , and the closer to the gutter it is the better.

so , keep posting britmaveric , those stories about swedish drunks , thieving bargirls , yob brits , corrupt cops and taxi drivers and dumb yanks.

keep feeding our basic but irrational need to stereotype !! :o

the stories only stay on page 1 if they are well received , many of them die a death also.

Hear Hear!!! :D:D:D

Ah terdsak! You stole my fire! :D

Fully agree with taxexile,

"most of us , despite out pretensions of intellectual superiority are drawn to sleaze and the sleazy , and the closer to the gutter it is the better.

so , keep posting britmaveric , those stories about swedish drunks , thieving bargirls , yob brits , corrupt cops and taxi drivers and dumb yanks."

It's the slow moving cars across the turnpike from the traffic accident. You know you shouldn't stare, but you just can't help yourself! :o

Most of us love Pattaya in some fashion whether we admit it or not.

But the grimy underbelly is always facinating to us.

Keep up the good work Brit! :D

~WISteve

Hear Hear

Sometimes I think many of this forum delude themselves as to why they are in Thailand.

Ah terdsak!  You stole my fire! :D

Fully agree with taxexile,

"most of us , despite out pretensions of intellectual superiority are drawn to sleaze and the sleazy , and the closer to the gutter it is the better.

so , keep posting britmaveric , those stories about swedish drunks , thieving bargirls , yob brits , corrupt cops and taxi drivers and dumb yanks."

It's the slow moving cars across the turnpike from the traffic accident.  You know you shouldn't stare, but you just can't help yourself! :o

Most of us love Pattaya in some fashion whether we admit it or not.

But the grimy underbelly is always facinating to us.

Keep up the good work Brit! :D

~WISteve

At the time of writing Britmaverics news posts account for over a third of the topics on the first page.

IMHO he does overdo it and there is an opportunity cost in that a lot of other discussions are prematurely terminated as a lot of posters read only the first page before moving on.

Why can't he be made to make his news postings in the Thailand News Forum instead.