30 Days On Arrivail.

I fly back to uk on the 7th sep,now in bkk,where to go for 7 day extension??"?", do it now? or wait until 30 days r up?"

and where to do it???

regards....

my pssport os stamped until 1st sep..

IIIRC immigration can grant you a one-time 7 day extension, 1900 Baht on a visa exempt entry.

You can go in advance.

They will most likely want to see a ticket out of the country to grant it.

Immigration is in Chaeng Wattana soi 7, bit of a hike. If you want to go by public transport, take:

- Skytrain to Mo Chit

- Minivan to Chaeng Wattana soi 7 (25 baht, right outside of Mo chit station)

- Shuttle bus to immigration building (free, right inside the soi, left hand side)

Edited by Jdietz

I do not believe this is accepted early as it is not a legal extension of stay - it is an application that is denied 7 days later but allows 7 days extra stay for emergency reasons such are your later flight, loss of job and such. Application I believe is day one of the seven day count.

I do not believe this is accepted early as it is not a legal extension of stay - it is an application that is denied 7 days later but allows 7 days extra stay for emergency reasons such are your later flight, loss of job and such. Application I believe is day one of the seven day count.

I got a 7 day extension back in 2009:

Permission to stay until 27th August 2009.

Applied for 7 day extension on 20th August 2009.

Extension valid until 3rd September 2009.

So in my case they accepted early extension and the extension counted from the day my current permission to stay expired. I don't know if this is general policy, nor do I know if the rules have changed since then.

Sophon

AFAIK the 7 days is a normal extension that can be granted. If you want/need to stay longer, the 'refusal' is a trick they can use if they are so inclined.

("Your application for extension is denied, you must leave the country within 14 days) :)

The Bangkok Immigration FAQ says this:

15.Question : Could the alien entering into the Kingdom with exemption of visa apply for extension of stay? If so , for how long will they get?Answer : Normally, if the alien entering into the Kingdom with exemption of visa apply for extension of stay permit,he/she would get the stamp in order to leave the Kingdom within 7 days from the expried date.

If that is how they will handle it you should be fine - did you obtain?

no way oshea,

i tried to have a 14 day extension on a 30 day tourist ,

immigration would only give me a 7 day one off .

for the extra 14 days ,

i had to do the visa run to friendship bridge , non kai ..

i went on the day my 30 day expired .

keep thind simple as poss ..

TiT,,,,,,,,,,,,, this is thailand.