Will This Work

i whant to stay i thailand with my thai wife as i am 36 i am going to have to do some thing to make money. to do this but i dont whant to go in to business my self because of the cost and bullshit. i have not read anything good about doing this so what i whant to do is set my thai wife up with some thing. i dont know what yet maybe a shop now this is where i need help. because of hte new laws in july that say that i must not have less than 400'000 in the bank. and earnings of 40'000 bart a month can i put the money from my wifes business in my bank each month. and tell immigation that it comes from some business i have in the uk to show i have money in each month ?. or will do you think thay will dig and find out it comes from my wifes business if so what will happen ? i have looked in to seting my own business up but the cost and tax is just to much i think beter for a thai to run a business not so many problems can i do this ?

chears mazo

Guest IT Manager

Where is the cost in having a business? Setting it up is very straightforward and not terribly expensive. From what my clients say, and I suspect Indo-Siam would agree, it's a dman sight easier to do here than there.

The income to your bank isn't at issue. If you are doing it by having the money in the bank show them the passport that has the 400K in it. If you are doing it by monthly, the income is demonstrated to immigration as far as I can work out, by your tax payments.

because of hte new laws in july that say that i must not have less than 400'000 in the bank. and earnings of 40'000 bart a month
maybe you should start with a mulitple entry one year NON IMMIGRANT "O" VISA that you can apply for in England at the THAI Embassy. there won't be a requirement for any funds in the bank because you are married to a THAI. Although, you will be required to leave Thailand every 90 days.

the soon to be 400K + BAHT THAI BANK BALANCE you are referring to is for a one year EXTENSION from THAI IMMIGRATION once you are here in Thailand. that is different from a visa. With this type of extension you are required to report your local address to THAI Immigration every consecutive 90 days.

i have looked in to seting my own business up but the cost and tax is just to much i think beter for a thai to run a business not so many problems can i do this ?

if you don't want to work and have your wife start a THAI BUSINESS in her name thats fine. you really can't work with her though, working without a work permit is not recommended !!!!