Accommodation In Chiang Mai

lyn

Hi,

Travelling with a group of friends approx 14 of us to Chiang Mai in September 10th-17th. My head is spinning after looking at all the sites regarding accommodation so wonder if anyone can give us some suggestions/recommendations?

Looking for 7 Double rooms in Night Bazaar area, ideal accommodation would be small guest house/hotel that has a swimming pool and is clean.

Raming Lodge has been recommend to us and this looks good, been in touch with them and can get a pretty good rate - any thoughts on this, anyone stayed there recently, good points/bad points?

Your suggestions/recommendations would be much appreciated.

thanks

Lyn

You may want to post in the Chiang mai forum. It is easy transportation around Chiang Mai nothing is that far away. You may want to expand your area into the old city as lots of accomadation ther and more action during the day as well and at night. You can make one or two trips at night to night market and you have seem it. There is also a Sat. market on Waulai road and a Sunday market on the mainrd in old city.

Check out Chiang mai Gate hotel and also Smith Residence both in the area of Chiang mai Gate on the southside of Old City. They both have website. Chiang mai Gate furnishes a bus to night market. or tuk-tuk avaliable

Edited by moe666

Lyn,

I highly recommend Riverside House. Before relocating to Chiang Mai, I stayed there a number of times. It is clean and quiet with a a wonderfully helpful staff. It is about a 5 minute walk to the Night Bazaar area. It is a popular guesthouse but they should have enough rooms to meet your needs.

David

Ranming Lodge is dead center in the red light area of Chiang Mai. Depending on who you are travelling with, that may be something to consider.

Never been to the Lai Thai, but have heard good things. Short walk to the Night Bazaar and has a swimming pool. Looks like the prices would be ok too.

http://www.laithai.com/

Otherwise, there are quite a few hotels in the area as well. The Le Merridien, Centara Duantawan, etc...

There's a nice hotel very near the night bazaar that I am sure will give you a cut-rate deal. There are a few special rooms there that I am sure you will get very cheap. However, not all of you may come out of it alive.

We always stay at Lai Thai guesthouse. It is very quiet, has a lovely big pool which is always clean. Is close to the Muay Thai stadium, About 10 minutes walk and a nice 15 mins to the night market. There is a huge Sunday market next to the Muay Thai stadium. They will pick you up at the airport for free. There is an excellent dentist just down the road. Get your teeth cleaned for about 400 baht. The rooms are Average but so is the price. Excellent value. Check the website. laithai.com