Flour Mill

carbine1125

I have not actually seen one. But if they are sold here, there are kitchen supply shops at the end of Yaowarat Road. Near the klong. Which is the bottom end of Chinatown. About 1/2 a kilometre before Chakraphet Road.Quite a few shops selling gear there.Also some Indian cooking gear shops in Chakraphet Road itself.

Edited by afarang

I have been looking for them as well, but without any luck so far! However, I have a Krups GVX2-12 coffee bean mill, which can make extremely fine coffee. It is a "real" mill, with two ceramic stones grinding the coffee beans. It has seventeen settings from coarse to very fine, but I'm still not sure that the "fine" mode is fine enough, and since mine is used for coffee, I'm not gonna try using it for flour. By comparing the finest coffee it can grind with the average wheat flour it seems like it might be okay. I brought mine from abroad, but I know you can buy them for around 4,000B in most Centrals, Paragon, Emporium... you might wanna check it out.

Edited by jamora

I have not actually seen one. But if they are sold here, there are kitchen supply shops at the end of Yaowarat Road. Near the klong. Which is the bottom end of Chinatown. About 1/2 a kilometre before Chakraphet Road.Quite a few shops selling gear there.Also some Indian cooking gear shops in Chakraphet Road itself.

Cheers for that. I will look there this weekend.

I have been looking for them as well, but without any luck so far! However, I have a Krups GVX2-12 coffee bean mill, which can make extremely fine coffee. It is a "real" mill, with two ceramic stones grinding the coffee beans. It has seventeen settings from coarse to very fine, but I'm still not sure that the "fine" mode is fine enough, and since mine is used for coffee, I'm not gonna try using it for flour. By comparing the finest coffee it can grind with the average wheat flour it seems like it might be okay. I brought mine from abroad, but I know you can buy them for around 4,000B in most Centrals, Paragon, Emporium... you might wanna check it out.

Thanks for the info, it might be a good alternative. Is your machine fast? and how much can it grind at a time?

Thanks for the info, it might be a good alternative. Is your machine fast? and how much can it grind at a time?

Its not ideal for big timer bakers, but I think it can do around two cups at a time, and it is fairly fast. Takes a few minutes to fill up the container, and then you can just empty it and start over.