Applying For A Hsbc Loan

Hi

I want to apply for a HSBC loan while I am still living in Thailand. This will be used to consolidate my credit card debt.

I have been living here on and off for 11 years. My income comes from ebay and I have regular payments from paypal into my uk hsbc account.

I am still on the electoral roll in the UK at the house that I used to own, but my address linked to my bank account and everything else is my mum and dads address.

I have never taken a loan out before and I'm wondering if there will be problems as I am living abroad for 11 months of the year.

Has anyone any advice or has done this before as I would like to find out any probelms that may arise before applying and not put my credit rating at risk.

Many thanks for your help

If your credit rating is any good it won't be adversely affected by making the application.

Success will depend on the Behavioural Score the bank has on your account. Automatic - you reach the pass score you get the loan.

You don't mention an amount but 6.9% seems to apply for loans of GBP 7,000 - 10,000. Apply online.

Thanks for your replies. I have been told by someone that it would be better

for my address linked to the electoral roll to be my mums address rather than

my old address, so I am now going to register myself at my mums address.

My concern is that I have not paid tax for a number of years and I'm wondering if

I will be opening up a hole can of worms for myself by doing this? Will this come out

in the loan application process, as they may wonder why there is no history on me for the

last 11 years.

I am looking to borrow £10-15,000. This will go straight on to the credit cards, one being an

HSBC credit card. If I ask for too much I'm worried of being turned down, or will they just offer what

they think I can afford to pay back. I'm thinking something would be better than nothing.

Thanks for any advice

Thanks for your replies. I have been told by someone that it would be better

for my address linked to the electoral roll to be my mums address rather than

my old address, so I am now going to register myself at my mums address.

My concern is that I have not paid tax for a number of years and I'm wondering if

I will be opening up a hole can of worms for myself by doing this? Will this come out

in the loan application process, as they may wonder why there is no history on me for the

last 11 years.

I am looking to borrow £10-15,000. This will go straight on to the credit cards, one being an

HSBC credit card. If I ask for too much I'm worried of being turned down, or will they just offer what

they think I can afford to pay back. I'm thinking something would be better than nothing.

Thanks for any advice

I havent lived in the UK in a long time, but cant see them asking about your tax status on an application form for a personal loan, all they will be worried about is that you meet their risk profile for the loan to be approved, and the fact you have a HSBC credit card (which I assume you have kept up to date on as regards the payments) will go a long way to meeting their risk profile

HSBC are not an agent for HMRC.

The bank account, and HSBC card, activity will be the major factor in determining the behavioural score - and in turn what 'the system' will offer you. Your credit profile will be affected by the conduct of other card accounts and also your existence on the voters roll. For credit scoring purposes, the longer you have been at an address the better. Any defaults on any cards are likely to result in rejection.

HSBC are not an agent for HMRC.

The bank account, and HSBC card, activity will be the major factor in determining the behavioural score - and in turn what 'the system' will offer you. Your credit profile will be affected by the conduct of other card accounts and also your existence on the voters roll. For credit scoring purposes, the longer you have been at an address the better. Any defaults on any cards are likely to result in rejection.

Hi and thanks fro your reply.

So just that I get this right, is it better to leave my name registered at my old address

for the electoral roll as its been at this address for 11 years, rather than move it to my mums address?

Thanks