Introducing Myself - If You Don'T Mind

Benayahu

A very big hello to ya'll.Well this is my first posting so if I make any mistake take it easy on me ok :) I am a young Israeli guy who is hoping to re-connect with my past life in Chiang Mai city limits. I spend 1 very good year there and did everything that most of you guys probably do also - ermm such as doing the toursit things, doing some volunteering work, learning the thai language (although not so great at that) and last but not least, riding the motorbike in that god crazy traffic and having my own apartment. Wow ,life was so good then I can almost feel like it was yesterday, but what they heck, it was at least a couple years ago. For a guy like me, who did my militarty service back in the mother country, I feel like for the past few years I just wanna travel the world like my Israeli brothers. You might be asking yourself,ok why this guy suddenly get the feeling to come here and try to make conversation?! Well, good enough question, and the truth is, I miss the place so very much and at least at a place like this, I can have conversation and feel a part of whats goin on there...ok, not really, but at least it is a start for me right ? Anyways, i don't care to admit this but as far as my opinion goes, most of you guys over there are livin the dream ,despite havin a bad day here and there just like anywhere else in the world. Tell me, where the heck else in the world are you gonna get all those gorgoeus sceneries/ and girls too plus the thai food all so cheap!? Yeah, you guessed it, you got it right in the palm of your hand..man sooo jealous. So I guess the moral to my story is, you don't know what you got till you lost it ,right ?well guys, and ladies, I hope to enjoy my stay here very much and feel confident you will welcome me with open arms. Am looking forward to sitting back with a pot of coffee and reading through all the interesting postings..peace from da MavenGuy

WOW ,see this is what I mean. I make my first posting not 1 half of an hour ago and already I get a couple of nice people who make me feel welcome from the very start! I don't know if you two guys (LJW and transam) live in Chiang Mai or not, but this is the kind of experience I miss from up there. Most, ok not all ,but MOST people are only too happy to have a chat with someone new in town and offer assistances if they are able to. Not TOO many other places in the world where this kinda things happen I'd say.

Anyways, thanks so much again for the warm welcome and I look forward very much to hear about your experiences and lifestyles up there in CM. With so many expats in that town, I think there has to be some interesting /and fun times goin down most days of the week hehe.

peace from Maven

WOW ,see this is what I mean. I make my first posting not 1 half of an hour ago and already I get a couple of nice people who make me feel welcome from the very start! I don't know if you two guys (LJW and transam) live in Chiang Mai or not, but this is the kind of experience I miss from up there. Most, ok not all ,but MOST people are only too happy to have a chat with someone new in town and offer assistances if they are able to. Not TOO many other places in the world where this kinda things happen I'd say.

Anyways, thanks so much again for the warm welcome and I look forward very much to hear about your experiences and lifestyles up there in CM. With so many expats in that town, I think there has to be some interesting /and fun times goin down most days of the week hehe.

peace from Maven

Me, not in CM but friends are friends from what ever part of the world or where ever they live in Thailand if you/we are made that way. The world is really a small place and friendship from what ever gender or creed is paramount. :wai:

Welcome...nice post. Only one thing. The girls and food are no longer cheap since you were here last. Many other things have gone up too. But, the scenery is still cheap for the most part...

Huh.. That's news to me..?

Or do you mean the currency issues going on in some parts of the world? Not sure if that applies to Israeli currency, but if it does then its a valid comment. If that currency didn't have issues of the kind the USD and GBP had/have, then believe me, a 35 baht lunch is still well in the realm of 'cheap' to any outsider looking in!

As for girls, it would disrespectful to monetize a fellow human being like that. :crying:

(But let's discuss the value proposition offered by sex workers over a beer sometime. ;) )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Welcome...nice post. Only one thing. The girls and food are no longer cheap since you were here last. Many other things have gone up too. But, the scenery is still cheap for the most part...

Huh.. That's news to me..?

Or do you mean the currency issues going on in some parts of the world? Not sure if that applies to Israeli currency, but if it does then its a valid comment. If that currency didn't have issues of the kind the USD and GBP had/have, then believe me, a 35 baht lunch is still well in the realm of 'cheap' to any outsider looking in!

As for girls, it would disrespectful to monetize a fellow human being like that. :crying:

(But let's discuss the value proposition offered by sex workers over a beer sometime. ;) )

Currency issues, rising cost of food in general.

I didn't mean sex workers specifically. Women in Thailand (like everywhere in the world) expect more these days. But I'll take you up on a beer. It's on me. <_<

Edited by elektrified

Once you have been to Chiang Mai, it is like a magnet, it keeps drawing you back.

We find Cm is our place to just relax enjoy the time we are there and forget about what is happening back home.

Can not wait till November for our relaxing time. :D

....Tell me, where the heck else in the world are you gonna get all those gorgoeus sceneries/ and girls too plus the thai food all so cheap!?

+555

I too will be enjoying Chiangmai great foods and gorgeous sceneries this Feb................but not into the girls tho

Any connection between your screen name.Benayahu, and your leader Benjamin Netanyahu? Is it really you or are you just an admirer? If it is really you, I wouldn't have thought you would have any free time, with the job you have. Maybe thats why no answer to the pm's

Hope you enjoy life in CM. It does have a way of reaching out and grabbing people.

Gonzo

Just a quick Shout-Out to every one here for making me feel very welcome as a new poster. I know not everybody can get a long all of the time, but all in all , I have to say I am very please with the greetings I have received here. I hope to enjoy reading many postings and also contribute a few here and there in topics of interest. Have a wonderful day all and look forward to conversing again soon.

peace da Maven

BTW, how old are you? I`m 50 years and 72 months old.

:D I'm gonna have to start using that one !!

Do you think 72 months is enough for you, Thai Poorly?

Ah-ha Bikini Bill.....well actually its 84 but I've stopped counting now, who cares anyway :blink: