Amazing Value!

Familyonthemove

I wanted some speakers for my lap-top and dropped in to Powerbuys. There were several cheap Chinese made speakers at around 300 THB and a Harmon Kardon fish bowl thing at 8,500 THB!:blink:

But the Assistant recommended a Thai made powered sub-woofer unit with two small separate speakers from Anitech at just 690 THB. (SK380 Multimedia Speakers)

It has very decent sound quality, with a strong base driver and decent top end and a 2 year guarantee .... for 690 THB! Great value in my books. I use it for music, but I reckon it would be good for gaming as well.

Just thought I'd share. And I've saved 7,810 THB.

The problem I have found with Thai speaker sets is that the bass tends to be overemphasized and "boomy". Unless one has an equalizer they can make a lot of music sound murky.

Yes .... it does have a boomy base sound ... but there's a separate knob to control the base - so you can turn it down to get a more natural sound. (or turn it up to rattle the windows)

Spoonman ... I did listen to the 8,500 THB Harman Kardon units and they had a much brighter top end and looked really cool, but the bass was similar (maybe the Anitech bass driver was slightly better), but the price difference is so huge they are not really in the same category. I reckon for 690 THB you get 85% of the performance of the 8,500 THB Harman Kardon .... and for desk speakers, that works for me. If I was looking for a home set-up then I would consider paying more for that extra 10% ... but as I said, for 690 THB I think they are really good.

I have a nice JBL iPod unit at home .... and the Anitech has better sound quality until you really turn up the volume .... but in an office I'm not going to do this much.