Buying A House

I am planning on buying a house in my fiance's hometown in Phitsanulok. First, how much of it can I actually own-second, the real estate people say I can put money down and get house and borrown rest from bank even though I don't think I need to because I will be lonly be about $5000 short by January and can easily get that in a month or two.. Can I get any suggestions or help on this one?

Put down the minimum, borrow the maximum, land, house and mortgage all in your fiancés name.

Wow, that is an eye-opener.

My recommendation would be to rent until you have been married for a few years and then buy, but only spend what you can afford to loose.

Put down the minimum, borrow the maximum, land, house and mortgage all in your fiancés name.

Make sure the finance is taken out before you marry, otherwise you will come under communal debt provisions. You will pay half or all the mortgage even if you've split. They will without doubt ask you to be guarantor, unless she is wealthy.

My recommendation would be to rent until you have been married for a few years and then buy, but only spend what you can afford to loose.

I agree completely with Thetyim. I would rent first until the fiancee becomes your wife.... then decide.

In your other thread,you state you are opening a sportsbar, if the business or company is registered in your name ,then I think you can register thehouse as a company asset and rent it back off the company, but if everything is in the girlfriends name, then you got buppkes, no rights, no regress she gets everything dont invest what you cant walk away from with a smile on your face, Nignoy :o