E-Shop And Work Permit

Anyone know what the procedures regarding work permits/taxes for running ans Web based shop are?

Here's what I'm basically talikng about:-

- Source Thai products

- Sell them over the internet via a E-shop(s)/Website

- Once transactions are made, procure the item and ship it to the buyer

I suppose this would basically be an export business, but obviously this involves actually doing some work thus requiring a valid work permit.

A business like this would takes a long time to build up and would probably only produce a hobby income, so the basic work permit requirments of a minimum of 50000 baht/month income may never be met.

Also, a work permit should be sponsered by a company.

So, lots of people are doing this type of thing here in Thailand, but are they doing it legally? Is there a way to do it legally?

I'm basically on a extension based on family(like so many of us) and was thinking of doing something like this more as a hobby, but am unsure of the legality of it all????

Any knowlegable response would be much appreciated?

regards,

Bloodcat

You must set up a Thai company, with the majrity shares with a Thai person, your wife and the company will need 2 Thai employees in order to hire you.

For a WP there is no requirement of 50,000 a month, only for an extension of stay from immigration. Since you are on an extension of stay based on your wife, it doesn't matter.