Kitten Killer

I turned away from my pc to see the next door tom cat "looking" at the kittens. I chased him out, and when i went back. 2 of the 5 were dead. One with blood on it's throat. We have 3 tom cats, and they have never done anything to harm their mothers younger offspring. Has anyone else come across anything like this in domestic cats?

Have a look at my thread "Murdered" Kittens on p16 of this forum, July 2010 or so. It describes pretty much the same thing happening to my kittens.

Incidentally, the surviving kitten is now a big, strong 14 month old ginger tom and very affectionate. But he's terrified of rainstorms :). Mum's since had another 3 kittens in our kitchen but is now speyed. Only female kitten will be speyed next week at 10 months old.

Edited by MartinL

Thanks Martin. We were adopted by the mother, she belonged to our Burma. He left us and left her behind. She was very insistent lol. The killer is the suspected father of most of this batch. She won't let her offspring, and one she adopted, anywhere near for mating. She just sits down until they give up. Actually he was lucky the cats were out doing cat things. When they see him, they run him off.

My wife would neuter me 1st :lol: We neutered 2 females when pregnancies went wrong, and they left home. I love this cat and don't want to risk her leaving. We only let the kittens go to people we know well. We lose a few to cobras.

Couch, bed, food bowls, outside under a bush. Repeat as necessary.

Sometimes in a fit of excitement - up a tree. But that is very rare, too fat.

Oh, and jumping out at mum after a good sniff at the catnip. Especially when i am carrying a cup of hot coffee.

I swear he giggles in a catlike way!!!

And even though he is 11 years old he still does that crab dance that kittens do!!

Edited by Patsycat