Udon Character

CelticBhoy

The wife was telling me that a show on Channel 3 covered

complaints of a local Udon lad (around 21) who is of Thai/Farang

parentage and is getting away with all sorts of nonsense due to

his large inheritance and 'good' contacts.

Seems like a nice lad; bombed a shop, shot someone, runs a gang etc..

Is the wife winding me up or has anyone else heard of this guy?

Quite correct I'm afraid. He is well know in Udon and some years ago he killed someone but due to his mother paying a (very) large amount of money to the police got off very lightly. He's at it again and the locals are fed up and as they cannot trust the local plod have asked for the BKK police to help sort him out - unfortunately money talks.

Quite correct I'm afraid. He is well know in Udon and some years ago he killed someone but due to his mother paying a (very) large amount of money to the police got off very lightly. He's at it again and the locals are fed up and as they cannot trust the local plod have asked for the BKK police to help sort him out - unfortunately money talks.

It can only get worse, I am told, as he inherits a HUGE sum of

money when he turns 25 according to the same news programme.

Money, influence, and contacts.

These sorts [and unscrupulous activities] are not limited to Udon, as it is a broader cultural aspect.

One will read and hear about pampered offspring that get away with just abut anything.