Work Permit

Am not sure how I select where to post , so this question will have to go in the general forum, until one of our kind mods moves it.

I found out a couple of weeks ago that my work permit was now out of date. Was driving to work and thought, am sure it's this month when I usually visit the labour place.

Sure enough I go check with my HR lady and she says, yes it actually expired yesterday. Wonderful I say...now what...

She says don't worry our Lawyers will sort it out no problem :whistling: I try to explain that as far as I am aware if my permit expires so does my extension of stay, and I should technically leave the country or obtain a 7 day extension...as I am led to believe by the many informed people on here.

Well 2 weeks have now passed and today she says don't worry our Lawyers have submitted all documents and can pick it up next week. So I say to her there will be a difference in dates and when I go to immigration in Dec for the extension of , they will want an explanation and want to know all the details .

So she contacts our Lawyer...think that should now read agent :whistling: and they say not sure , never had this problem before...It was of the agents making as they are employed by our company to contact our ex-pat staff ( all of 3 ) to attend permit and extension renewals.

I would like to know if any other BM's have had this problem or not ?

At work they just think it's gonna be no problem and tell me not to worry, the agent will sort it out and when I go for the extension in Dec everything will be fine.

I hope so as my family are coming for a holiday around the same time.

Any help is kindly appreciated.