Question About Nor Sor Sam Kor

Can a 30 year lease or usufruct be registered in the land office on a nor sor sam kor title deed? If not, is there any way to safeguard the land? I understand that ultimately the goal is to have only chanotes but is it possible to upgrade now a nor sor sam kor to a chanote for a reasonable fee without having to wait for decades? Thanks for any replies.

Yes you can register on any proper deed.

They tend to upgrade an area when there are a batch of applications in that area outstanding, or sometimes they are following a plan to upgrade the whole area. They do it once a year where I know (they closed the year there a month ago), and you aren't sure of being done any particular year.

• 6 months later...

A nor sor sam ghor title is as good as a chanote so in most cases 30 year leases, usufructs or superficies will be allowed to be registered but some land offices have been reported go by their own rules.

Ran into an interesting one Nor Sor Som Ghor, issued for 15 years. One would think that would do the trick. The father died, the oldest brother was given a Power of Attorney. The family wanted to assign Rai's to each family member.

The land office refused. The reason, the 1954 act the land was desiginated as public land for agricultural use. I have read all I can find on the Nor Sor Sam Ghor. Would seem the family has qaulified using the land for some 15 years. The family has actually been on the land for 25 years.

Of course when this was done there was nothing there in 1954, now there 43 houses in the area.

Very confusing since I can't find anything that says they should no be able to transfer the land. Made even more confusing as a bank loan was issued on he property and paid off.

So maybe a Nor Sor Sam Ghor is not as valid as I was thinking.

Any thoughts?