Searching Serviced Apartments

After staying in an apartment, I want to try out a service apartment with good facilities. (breakfast, close to BTS/tuk-tuk, cleaning, laundry, water, electricity). I just want everything included like a package. My budget is about 40-70K per month.

pls. recommend some website/ or serviced apartments for helping me to go ahead and search a few. I don't want to pay to some agents as I have heard they have really high commissions for the same.

Just an opinion, are serviced apartments guest friendly for long term guests?

Thanks

We use three serviced apartment buildings for long stays and short stays for our work teams:

All within your budget and they will negotiate on price for longer terms. All a very short work from BTS. We've used them for over a year with no problems.

http://www.blessresidence.com/ New with a nice pool on the roof. Large, bright rooms. Great for someone who likes a lively environment (it's just off Soi 33) but not good if you want quiet.

http://blistonresidence.com/ Older and a bit grand with nice rooms and very helpful staff. Big pool. Very quiet!

http://www.capehouse.com/ Good location, small pool but good business and lounge facilites.

Emporium Suites at Phrom Pong also worth a look, but expensive and rooms are old and a bit 'used'.

Used google, searched a lot, visited a few, but I am still looking for opinions. Thanks!

@familyonmove

Thanks for recommending. Stayed in Bliston for a month an year ago, its really really quiet in there. But not surely for a year stay for me. Thanks

Will check out bless residence, capehouse and emporium for sure.

Any others in mind with this budget?

Edited by gurnani

Used google, searched a lot, visited a few, but I am still looking for opinions. Thanks!

@familyonmove

Thanks for recommending. Stayed in Bliston for a month an year ago, its really really quiet in there. But not surely for a year stay for me. Thanks

Will check out bless residence, capehouse and emporium for sure.

Any others in mind with this budget?

I've not used it .... but Embassy Place looks very nice: http://www.embassyplaceapartment.com/ Worth a look because it's different to the usual high rise developments.

Fraser Place and Centre Point have several buildings, but I didn't like them myself ...... very corporate and rooms a bit tired looking.

Though the websites here have given 5 star ratings to fraser. I also don't like fraser, it just isn't the place to live for an year or so.

How about column bangkok (soi 16)

Column is nice .... The Long Table Restaurant in the same building is very nice (but expensive) .... although the location is a bit tricky if you drive.

There's a back way through to Soi 22 but traffic is slow, or you have to turn left up Soi 16 into a permanent traffic queue.

But it's near BTS and the park.

Depends on if you like low rise/small or high rise/huge?

The Classy, Asoke is also nice - and it's brand new.

There's so many it can be exhausting slogging around them all. Best bet is to decide on the area you want to live, then focus your search there. Walking the chosen area and just calling in works well with serviced accom. I started looking at at Lang Suan/Chidlom, because I could walk to my office, BTS and Lumpini Park, but ended up a little further up Sukhumvit as one place felt more like a home. But I moved out of servced accom after a while as it's not the best value for money if, like me, you travel a lot out of Thailand. I was paying for daily cleaning but was sometimes away for three weeks at a time.

For me, the essentials in life are: BTS, 7-11, good street vendors, good Thai and Indian restaurants close by, friendly bar not too far, good route to airport and just enough buz to avoid going crazy but not so much noise it drives you mad. Remember to look at the place at different times of the day/night before moving in. Good luck! There's actually too much choice in the sector you are searching - but you can be fussy because somewhere is exactly what you want .

The best I've seen in the Sukhumvit area is at the Adelphi Grand at Sukhumvit 41. Its in a quiet soi, close by to Top's Supermarket and to the Phrom Phong BTS station. They have a nice swimming pool and gym, although I wouldn't call either large. The complex is new and the last time I saw it (last year), the place was spotless. Many of the customers are Japanese, which means most of them are quiet and avoid troublesome situations. (However, everyone has their own tastes and distastes.) For what they have to offer, their prices are reasonable. In the past when they had a lower occupancy rate, their rates were negotiable. I suspect they still are to some extent.

If you are interested, I'd check their rates on agoda.com first, then go in armed with that information. Its a nice quiet and quite impressive place. For some reason, they even have tuktuk service, even tho' they are probably about 150 meters from the beginning of the soi.

Good luck with your hunt!

Randy

The Classy, Asoke is also nice - and it's brand new.?

I tried googling this property but alas, couldn't find it. Could you please be more specific about it.

All those things you said in your priority of finding a place is totally true and am keeping all this in mind.

Thanks Randy for replying. I just sent an email to Adelphi for the rates. Hoping they fall under the budget., I would surely go and look it out.