Peeing Purple

SDH

:o

When the boys in brown show up to the venue selected for "hassle of the night" and line evryone up for the piss test....Does anyone know what happens to those who test positive or purple??

Many times I've read about 200 odd people being hauled down to the station, but that's the last I ever hear.

Hopefully none of the TV members are stupid enough to expose themselves to this situation...However if you have some experience?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested initially positive for drugs - believe then are tested with a more comprehensive blood/piss test. Most likely if that is positive then you are going to see Thai justice and spend a long time behind bars. I haven't read of any farang - seems to be just thai(s) that have been caught in these raids.

Woah what?! I've never heard of that before!

I don't plan to do any drugs over there but I smoked weed last night and I will smoke again before I leave most likely... and THC takes anywhere from 1-90 days to leave your system depending on metabolism and such so <deleted>? If I test positive for THC but, it's from here <deleted>?

I don't plan to do any drugs over there but I smoked weed last night and I will smoke again before I leave most likely... and THC takes anywhere from 1-90 days to leave your system depending on metabolism and such so <deleted>? If I test positive for THC but, it's from here <deleted>?

Well if you get caught "over here" and test posative for any illegal substance your in trouble, regardless of where you actually "took" them.

Best options for you are...

1) Dont do it in the first place

2) Dont come here

Of course you could just run the risk and ignore my advice, but if you get caught you will regret it... one way or another

Well if you get caught "over here" and test posative for any illegal substance your in trouble, regardless of where you actually "took" them.

Best options for you are...

1) Dont do it in the first place

2) Dont come here

Of course you could just run the risk and ignore my advice, but if you get caught you will regret it... one way or another

So much for 'freedom' :o

Where do these tests happen?

So much for 'freedom'  :o

Getting caught with illegal substances in you will (probably) result in you loosing your 'Freedom', but you of course have the 'freedom' to choose if you want to partake in illegal substances, the same as you have the 'freedom' to decide if you want to come here and you have the 'freedom' to decide if you want to run that risk... the laws of your country are not the laws of this country, Sorry Canadian-Jesse, I dont make the rules...

Where do the tests happen? Well all over the place and in random locations, if people knew when and where the tests were going to take place then the people who know they would be caught wouldnt go there... kinda defeats the object of the tests, no?

Getting caught with illegal substances in you will (probably) result in you loosing your 'Freedom', but you of course have the 'freedom' to choose if you want to partake in illegal substances, the same as you have the 'freedom' to decide if you want to come here and you have the 'freedom' to decide if you want to run that risk... the laws of your country are not the laws of this country, Sorry Canadian-Jesse, I dont make the rules...

Where do the tests happen? Well all over the place and in random locations, if people knew when and where the tests were going to take place then the people who know they would be caught wouldnt go there... kinda defeats the object of the tests, no?

Arrogance diminishes wisdom.

He said venues so I'm assuming places the police would suspect people of drug abuse... clubs/bars and such?

He said venues so I'm assuming places the police would suspect people of drug abuse... clubs/bars and such?

Those are the more common locations... but they've also utilized spot-check road blocks to administer the urine tests.

You might really be at risk... as moderate to heavy usage takes longer to clear out of your system and as stated, if positive, you'll be considered to have consumed in Thailand with a positive test, even if it's not factually true.

Avoiding all night-life spots and roads isn't conducive to an enjoyable visit for most people.

I'm just trying to help you avoid a extended holiday in the Bangkok Hilton, call it arrogence, call it wisdom, call it friendly advice... i dont really care. :o

Thailand is not a place to be getting involved with drugs of any kind, not even weed...

Failing a drugs test will automatically label you as guilty, regardless of which country you actually consumed it in...

proving that you "smoked a joint" in canada/usa/uk/germany/where-ever will be impossible

Its true that bars/clubs are targetted more often than other locations, but as sriracha john said, its not unusual for other venues and areas to be targetted.

But as my old friend says

"You pays your money, you takes your chance"

Upto you!

It's likely that they only test for methamphetamines.

Don't base a decision to do anything on this, but the reason I say this is the hospital on Beach Rd Soi 4 in Pattaya has done my last two annual exams for my work and I always checked the blocks for comprhensive drug tests whether requested or not (since I was sure I was clean). The hospital stated that they were only capable of meth tests, not THC or others. They would have to send to Bangkok for that. Seems strange to me but TIT.

I know the cops may be using different tests, but the more comprehensive , the more expensive so I bet they only look for the serious stuff.

This is a bad place to even think about doing drugs, just drink heavily like the rest of us.

A pot smoker has THC that may show up a month after the last smoke but I think it's safe here if thats your only drug vice.

It's likely that they only test for methamphetamines.

Don't base a decision to do anything on this, but the reason I say this is the hospital on Beach Rd Soi 4 in Pattaya has done my last two annual exams for my work and I always checked the blocks for comprhensive drug tests whether requested or not (since I was sure I was clean). The hospital stated that they were only capable of meth tests, not THC or others. They would have to send to Bangkok for that. Seems strange to me but TIT.

I know the cops may be using different tests, but the more comprehensive , the more expensive so I bet they only look for the serious stuff.

This is a bad place to even think about doing drugs, just drink heavily like the rest of us.

A pot smoker has THC that may show up a month after the last smoke but I think it's safe here if thats your only drug vice.

Alright, thanks a bunch.

I never knew about these before and I thought I had done solid research on Thailand! Especially since a lot of the guys I know that have gone there are people into heavy drugs... one guy told me (which I don't believe this at all) that Thai police don't care much about pot just any other drug is taboo and extreme consequences.

He told me a story about some guy with an ounce laying on his bed and the police were looking around other bungalo's due to a break in and his door was open with his bag of pot on the bed and the cops walked in, took all of the baht in his wallet and said "Don't keep your door open." and left.

I have no clue if that is true or not... but, aren't the Thai police also less concerned with farangs because they don't want to mess with their tourism industry so they are more likely to go after Thai's?

I've also heard that Thai police will target Westerners because they get comission off of the bribes farangs pay to get out of jail.

I have no clue if that is true or not... but, aren't the Thai police also less concerned with farangs because they don't want to mess with their tourism industry so they are more likely to go after Thai's?

Ask the many, many Farang's in the Hilton, if the BIB cared one jot about losing their "Tourism". I don't know how many times it has to be said. "DON'T DO DRUGS, ANY DRUGS, DON'T EVEN LOOK AT DRUGS, WHEN IN THAILAND" And you'll have a great time :o Sorry for shouting folks

I've also heard that Thai police will target Westerners because they get comission off of the bribes farangs pay to get out of jail.

Nearer the mark. Westerner's have the cash :D

He told me a story about some guy with an ounce laying on his bed and the police were looking around other bungalo's due to a break in and his door was open with his bag of pot on the bed and the cops walked in, took all of the baht in his wallet and said "Don't keep your door open." and left.

I have no clue........

I can see the headlines now.

Teen Canadian caught in drugs sting at beach bungalow.

19 year old Jesse from Canada was today arrested at his bungalow, with what police believe to be 1 ounze of Thai stick, and a bottle of poppers.

It turns out the informants were two young Thai males who appeared to be disgruntled at the fact that Jesse had told them because he was a young man he didnt have to pay for it.

Jesse told the paper that because he had paid his dues, and a few other payments, the boys in brown should let him go, after all they are not really worried about pot smokers in Thaiand.

We believe Jesse has been locked up for 4 days but he insists it is 5 days due to the time difference.

Sentancing has taken place and Jesse has been sentanced to 60 years in the Bangkok hilton and his cell mate will be a lovely young man called Bubba. :o

Edited by daleyboy

Try to get a prescription for Sativex from your doctor in Canada. Sativex contains THC and is normally given to MS patients to reduce the pain.

It might cover your ass should you get busted during a piss raid.

Ask the many, many Farang's in the Hilton, if the BIB cared one jot about losing their "Tourism". I don't know how many times it has to be said. "DON'T DO DRUGS, ANY DRUGS, DON'T EVEN LOOK AT DRUGS, WHEN IN THAILAND" And you'll have a great time :o Sorry for shouting folks

Nearer the mark. Westerner's have the cash :D

Ahh k.

Well, I'm not going to do any drugs in Thailand. Not worth the risk imo.

I have no clue........

I can see the headlines now.

Teen Canadian caught in drugs sting at beach bungalow.

19 year old Jesse from Canada was today arrested at his bungalow, with what police believe to be 1 ounze of Thai stick, and a bottle of poppers.

It turns out the informants were two young Thai males who appeared to be disgruntled at the fact that Jesse had told them because he was a young man he didnt have to pay for it.

Jesse told the paper that because he had paid his dues, and a few other payments, the boys in brown should let him go, after all they are not really worried about pot smokers in Thaiand.

We believe Jesse has been locked up for 4 days but he insists it is 5 days due to the time difference.

Sentancing has taken place and Jesse has been sentanced to 60 years in the Bangkok hilton and his cell mate will be a lovely young man called Bubba. :o

Hah yeah exactly! :D

No drugs in Thailand!

There is a pill you can take from pharmacies over in Thailand that will make the THC leave your blood quicker... sorry, no idea on the details.

This is a great example of why you should never make a decision based on things you read in this forum.

What do you mean? Just ask any long-term bargirl, most of them pop it like candy.

edit: I see I have to be extra careful with my words today. Ask any ganja-smoking, 'ex yaba addict i-only-smoke-ganja-on-tuesdays-coz-its-better-than-yaba' type bar girl and they will be able to tell you where and what to buy to assist the traceable elements of weed in leaving your system the faster.

I don't do drugs in any country and nor should you, yadda yadda yadda.

Edited by OxfordWill

There is a pill you can take from pharmacies over in Thailand that will make the THC leave your blood quicker... sorry, no idea on the details.

This is a great example of why you should never make a decision based on things you read in this forum.

What do you mean? Just ask any long-term bargirl, most of them pop it like candy.

edit: I see I have to be extra careful with my words today. Ask any ganja-smoking, 'ex yaba addict i-only-smoke-ganja-on-tuesdays-coz-its-better-than-yaba' type bar girl and they will be able to tell you where and what to buy to assist the traceable elements of weed in leaving your system the faster.

I don't do drugs in any country and nor should you, yadda yadda yadda.

They might be taking diuretics. They can be used to try and beat urine tests, from what i gather.