Information On Lower Isaan

lampard10

• 1 year later...

The new immigration office at Kap Choeng opened this week. It is about 2km's past the old one, and actually in Kap Choeng town.

Enter the town from Prasat side and go past the bus station and Police station. The next set of buildings you come to should be the 'Ampeur' There stuck away in the corner is an orangy/pink/red building that houses the new office.

The office.

post-27891-1168417134_thumb.jpg

View from the ampeur grounds

post-27891-1168417158_thumb.jpg

View from the road.

post-27891-1168417178_thumb.jpg

The staff are all new,but seem as pleasant as always.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to the info I found the office this morning quite easily.

The telephone number is 044 55 9166

The hours seem to be 8:30 to 16:00 (no mention of Saturdays)

Was there at 8:40 and one officer ready in an empty office.

The car park actually says 'customer car park' !

I think that it is actually next to the Police station rather than the Amphur but I can be mistaken.

I cam in from Khun Han on route 24 and it was a 20km short cut to take the road (2283) on the left just after Sangkha indicated towards Ban Dan

I enquired about my 1 year extension for retirement based on Embassy letter

Was told date of letter not important and copy would do. If letter states excess of 65k per month also no need of bank book nor bank letter.

I will test this next September at my actual renewal date.

As I am new to the region wanted to make sure where the office was.

I attach a picture (not directly related) of the border crossing at Chong Chom seen from the Thai side 10km further down the immigration office.It was around 8:30 am and a very quiet day with loads of motorbikes waiting for customers.

post-14577-1175769697_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Today we did a recce mission to the far corner of Sisaket Province, to check out the new additions.

Chong Sa Ngam;

Well, the road ends at Chong Sa Ngam village( a collection of restaurants and wooden shops) and a mud track continues to the border. But all is not as it seems. We did see a number of double trucks and at least one oil tanker transversing the muddy wastes of no-man's land, proving that this is indeed the new route into Cambodia. In fact going back to where the brown slime track leaves the tarmac road, there, at the top of the hill is a brand new construction, in the form of a giant gateway, which will obviously be the new entrance to Cambodia. In fact, on closer inspection there does seem to be the semblance of a double highway on the other side. Either someone has got their Geography all wrong, or the construction of a link up from Prasat ( where the 4/6 lane road ends), direct to Chong Sa Ngam, will be their next project.

Phusing Immigration;

The new Immigration building is about 2 km's before the border, on your right. It is easily seeable, and only the blind or stoopid could miss it. In fact just before on the same side, are two brand new constructions which one can only assume will be a large market and a bus terminal. This does somewhat strengthen the idea that Chong Sa Ngam is the 'Border of the Future'

Just a note to add, if you are somewhat hungry, after the assertions of following the instructions I have left, as you come down the mountain( Hillock) from the border there is a lake on the right hand side. There is a very good little waterside restaurant here. Just turn off at the Pepsi sign ( might have been Coke). They did me a scrumptious Beef Panang Curry. The young lady that owns it speaks impeccable English, and I believe her family have ties with Old Blighty.

Took some pictures of the Chi Nam Restaurant out at Hauy Sanang Reservoir today. It is growing every week. They have started on a new structure out the back, on top of a small hill.

If anybody does not know of this place, it is the last restaurant on the right hand bank of the reservoir. The food there is normally very good. If you have too much, you can always kip down for the night in one of the chalets provided for this purpose.

post-27891-1183017452_thumb.jpg

post-27891-1183017474_thumb.jpg

After we happen to see some very festive oxen, or buffalo

post-27891-1183017519_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
[

Can you give me direction instruction with possibly road number from route 24 to reach Chong Sa Ngam border (is it route 221)?

Thanks

If you are coming from Sangkha, then go straight across the 24, through Bauchet, and then turn left along the 2328. It's a te3rrible road, but the quickest and shortest route. Turn right when you get to the 'T' junction at the end. Coming from Sisaket, go through Phusing (no road number on my map)

• 2 weeks later...
[

Can you give me direction instruction with possibly road number from route 24 to reach Chong Sa Ngam border (is it route 221)?

Thanks

If you are coming from Sangkha, then go straight across the 24, through Bauchet, and then turn left along the 2328. It's a te3rrible road, but the quickest and shortest route. Turn right when you get to the 'T' junction at the end. Coming from Sisaket, go through Phusing (no road number on my map)

Thanks for that, I cannot locate it on my map.

Would it be possible for you to upload a scan of your map ?

okhpsc38.pdf

• 6 months later...

Hi,

We went today 12 February 2008 to check on the Phusing Immigration Office.

There are new road signs on road 24 coming from Sisaket after Khu Khan and coming from Surin after Songkha pointing to CHONG SAGAM (the name of the border crossing to Cambodia, be aware that the crossing it is not open yet or at least they do not let you access it).

These signs are white letters on blue plates.

(If you are coming from Sisaket, I would not recommend to go through the Phusing village unless your Thai is good as the road signs on that road are infrequent and sometimes misleading and you will need to ask for directions.)

The road from road 24 is the 2201 and there is a PTT petrol pump (old style not the ones with a 7-11) at the corner.

It is very well posted all the way to the border.

As previously reported about 2km before the border (after the winding steep up hill portion), on your RIGHT (not left as reported) you will find the brand new Phusing Immigration Office.

Very friendly officer in a deserted place in the middle of nowhere.

For a retirement one year extension he handed me a printed document in Thai with the list of required documents, which in my case will be my bank book, a copy of it and a letter from my bank stating my balance at over 800k (the rest is 1,900 baht, a filled-in application form, passport, ID foto).

I will use this office for my next extension as it is 100km nearer to my place in Khun Han and I would recommend it to anybody in the Sisaket area.

I attach a few pictures and yes the eating place by the lake is very friendly and the food is fresh (fish from the lake in a tank) and worth the stop.

post-14577-1202857895_thumb.jpg

post-14577-1202858056_thumb.jpg

post-14577-1202857978_thumb.jpg

post-14577-1202858120_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm new on this site and I'm looking for contacts around Nong Bua Lamph or Udon Thani.For the moment I still live in Belgium bud I'm planning to go live in the Nort East in a few years.My wife is from Nung Bua Lamphu.I'm looking for Farangs who live there and can give me some advice about al kind of things.

I already went to Nung Bua a few times and next year(januari/februari) I will go there for two months.

The main reason is that we have some land and for the moment we put sugar cane.Since I don't know mucht about farming I would like some advice from someone with experiance in farming and also I'm looking for a lawyer for in case there are problems.

All information is welcome.

Thanks

DD

• 1 year later...
Went to the new Office yesterday:

On arrival there was one guy there that I know he was in shorts and 'T' shirt:

Stated Saturday Holiday, but never the less he took my TM 47 and did my 90 day check in, he said you can check in 2 days before or 7 days after.

So worth bearing in mind weekends office on holiday he could have refused but I know most of them now as I am sure other regulars do.

You can also send your TM 47 form to them, in an envelope with a stamp and your address on. Saves time and money. Life can be that easy. Greetings from the hood Sisaket....... :)

• 5 years later...

Love it LII. You pick up an archived thread where you were the last respondent under another avatar (the 'like' against the 5-year old post) and then seek to update it, causing a bit of confusion as the thread was originally about Surin, not Sisaket.

'Get a life' comes to mind? cheesy.gif Sorry - couldn't resist - I'm laughing not grinding my teeth laugh.png

[Get a life also applies to my posting as well anyway]

Archived