Visa Run Air Asia Phuket To Kl

cardew

Last month i have to wait 1h at immigration,finger-scan problems......, so you will miss the flight. It is more relaxed with pleasant Air Malaysia and normally also cheaper.

Same as me a couple of weeks ago. Immigration took more than an hour (huge queue). Whenever I go through the KL LCT the plane seems to park in the furthest away possible place giving everyone the longest walk to arrivals.

Wouldn't risk it, take the earlier flight and use the free airport wifi for a few hours.

I have done the run mentioned in OP twice now. Yes it's tight, but it's doable. Here are some tips: Book a seat in the front of the plane on the first leg of the trip, check yourself in online or mobile for the second leg of the trip, don't take the escalators up to immigration (you don't need to go there since you are in a transfer) instead take a left and go to the transfer desk there, let them check your passport and boarding pass and you find yourself at the gate of your return flight with 40 minutes to spare. GL!

Edited by insertcoins

I have done the run mentioned in OP twice now. Yes it's tight, but it's doable. Here are some tips: Book a seat in the front of the plane on the first leg of the trip, check yourself in online or mobile for the second leg of the trip, don't take the escalators up to immigration (you don't need to go there since you are in a transfer) instead take a left and go to the transfer desk there, let them check your passport and boarding pass and you find yourself at the gate of your return flight with 40 minutes to spare. GL!

:blink::whistling:

Interesting, I've never seen a transfer desk and didn't know you had an option to bypass immigration, but that sounds like the way to go provided inbound flight is on time.

Interesting, I've never seen a transfer desk and didn't know you had an option to bypass immigration, but that sounds like the way to go provided inbound flight is on time.

I was unware of the transfer desk too, or the option to bypass immigration. But last visarun I ran into what looked like atleast a 45min wait at immigration. So I got out of the queue and walked up to an immigration desk for Malaysian passport holders only, explained the officer that I had to board my flight in 30 mins and he told me that I didn't have to come through immigration at all and that I could just go to the transfer desk downstairs (take a left at the bottom of the escalators).

The first time I did this visa run I did go through immigration (about a 20 min queue) and had time to spare to get a hamburger at the McD outside. So all in all this visa run is very possible, you just have to be willing to gamble (on the weather mostly). That said, imo this is the best option out there for a visa run.

Edited by insertcoins

I was unware of the transfer desk too, or the option to bypass immigration. But last visarun I ran into what looked like atleast a 45min wait at immigration. So I got out of the queue and walked up to an immigration desk for Malaysian passport holders only, explained the officer that I had to board my flight in 30 mins and he told me that I didn't have to come through immigration at all and that I could just go to the transfer desk downstairs (take a left at the bottom of the escalators).

The first time I did this visa run I did go through immigration (about a 20 min queue) and had time to spare to get a hamburger at the McD outside. So all in all this visa run is very possible, you just have to be willing to gamble (on the weather mostly). That said, imo this is the best option out there for a visa run.

So no need of an Entry / Exit stamp of another country in your passport before getting stamped back into Thailand?!? Very interesting...But thinking about it if you go back to the UK (UKPA holder) you don't get an entry / exit stamp either.

Air Asia used to be pretty bad with leaving on-time but the last few times I flew with them they have all left on-time, if not a tiny but early.

Good luck.

Last month i have to wait 1h at immigration,finger-scan problems......, so you will miss the flight. It is more relaxed with pleasant Air Malaysia and normally also cheaper.

Malaysia airline at 1600 baht roundtrip?

In 2008/2009 i gave Airaisa a go for 1600-2000 baht roundtrip. But since last year Airasia increased their price and normally they want 4800 baht roundtrip when i want to go. So Air Malaysia is for me more pleasant and only 4400 baht roundtrip. Only my experience.

Be careful if you do not have immigration stamps on this visarun.............this will hit you one day. Only my experience.