Am I Being Paid Right?

90k AUD is 2,742,183.77 THB

What about tax?

In 1998. I was on 90K A$ and was taking home 5300A$ per month. That was before GST (VAT tax reform), now could be 5500A$ per month.

That's roughly 165K baht. Had I had to pay the rent for the place I was paying off morgage for, that would be cost of about 50K baht.

I would take the position offered only if the company could show me a path through their organization I can use to advance.

That would shield me from "why Thailand?" questions in the futire.

dOES HE GET TAXED BY THE THAI GOVERMENT ? I heard for the first couple of months is pretty high

It all depends on how you spend your money....

USD$ 25K works out to about 83K per month before tax. Roughly 65K/month after tax.

Not great, but your accomodation is paid for. A healthy mix of Farang food on weekends and Thai during the week, going out on the piss once a week (but not the girls), cable TV and aircon at night, plus a few holidays here and there through out the year should average out to about 30K per month.

It means you could potentially save around 35K per month, which is more than NZD$1200 per month. Not bad all considered, plus the asian experince thrown in.  Its doable if you are a good saver and you aren't tempted by the girls.

I'd go for the Thai experience.You can still have time to go to the UK after your Thailand stint.Many, many teachers survive on much less than you will be getting here.

As for you student loan,thanks to Mr Helen Clarke buying the student vote, you will pay no interest, so don't pay any money untill you start earning big coin. :o

It all depends on how you spend your money....

USD$ 25K works out to about 83K per month before tax. Roughly 65K/month after tax.

Not great, but your accomodation is paid for. A healthy mix of Farang food on weekends and Thai during the week, going out on the piss once a week (but not the girls), cable TV and aircon at night, plus a few holidays here and there through out the year should average out to about 30K per month.

It means you could potentially save around 35K per month, which is more than NZD$1200 per month. Not bad all considered, plus the asian experince thrown in.  Its doable if you are a good saver and you aren't tempted by the girls.

I'd do it , but im a gambler and i dont have a mba . I make about 80k us a year.

I'd do it , but im a gambler and i dont have a mba . I make about 80k us a year.

If you are a NZer working in NZ and making this sort of money, you are doing pretty well.

For most NZers the future is a lifetime of earning good but not great money...unless you start your own business and are willing to put up with ACC, and all the associated paperwork of every little OSH, environment and insurance thing you can think of.

Our laughing dog mate, Chuchok may be onto something with the student loan; however I think you need to check the exact situation; as far as I know the loan write down only occurs if you are living and working in NZed; i.e. you are here and you are an I here in the eyes of the IRD. (Thai joke). (well, not a funny one). (but the best i could do).

I started in my current job on a mere 25k baht a month parttime; now earning 6 times that within 2 years as I changed to full time plus extensive bonuses and the like... it isn't that hard to make fairly ok money here if you work hard and whatever.... but dollar for dollar you'll make the most coin in UK I think as some dodgy temp.... but then again do you really want to have to live with Australians and Poms?!

Come here, and you can live with all those people, plus more :-) Don't worry, if you get lonely, you can always come online; you'll find enough Aussie Gold and whinging poms and XXXXXXX Americans to sink a battleship.