Decent Quality Electrical Wall Sockets/Backboxes

I've just wasted a few hours in HomePro being chased around by 130 staff as I tried to peruse electrical wall sockets etc - for use in my new hotel project.

It seems a dyslexic idiot was employed to stick numbering labels on the example socket styles, so that one can identify which item to drop in your shopping trolley. Unfortunately, many of the numbers do not match! I selected an electrical socket for use with international plugs, but the matching number of socket for purchase was a different style and could not fit into the backbox...

Before I lose it with these so-called DIY stores, can anyone suggest where I can buy good quality electrical sockets, together with good quality back boxes, for fixing directly to the 'itbok' wall prior to skimming the wall?

I need to buy maybe about 200 sockets of differing styles, such as double/triple/quad sockets, international adaptor style of sockets, also wall-mounted dimmer switches for overhead lights etc etc.

If there is a shop in BKK with a good choice of styles, then I'll come up from Phuket and do some shopping.

Thanks

Simon

PS - Why do HomePro staff not understand me when I say 'For the umpteenth bl**dy time, please b*gger off and let me peruse your trash in peace'???

In Home Pro in Bangkok, you have sometimes good choices and the staff is lazy so you have only 13 instead 130 following you.

An obvious recommendation, but I forgot it once.

TRY the sockets first before you buy them in quantity!!!

I have 3 styles here while all seems to be good, one with safety and support for 3 styles (Europe, Hongkong, Thailand) and really working, is so hard to plug in that in a Hotel every guest would need help......Others have other problems....

In Home Pro in Bangkok, you have sometimes good choices and the staff is lazy so you have only 13 instead 130 following you.

An obvious recommendation, but I forgot it once.

TRY the sockets first before you buy them in quantity!!!

I have 3 styles here while all seems to be good, one with safety and support for 3 styles (Europe, Hongkong, Thailand) and really working, is so hard to plug in that in a Hotel every guest would need help......Others have other problems....

We ONLY use National recepticals and switches, in10 years we have never had a failure or call back (in normal use)

For special sockets we use Hargo, agian never a problem.

We use plastic boxes in the walls as they don't rust and corode with the moisture and salt air.

very inexpensive consideing the reliability.

Edited by farang62

The "Panasonic Wide" sockets seem to be the most popular, all hardware stores have them and they have interchangable plugs for everything (TV, LAN, Phone, 2 plug, 3 plug, switches, 3 way switches etc..)

So at least you know in 5 years if a socket gets broken you'll easily be able to find a replacement.

The brand of the actual backbox doesn't really matter as they are pretty much a standard size that any brand face place can screw into.