Visa Run Crash

If you are claiming something as a fact then please provide some proof. The amount of posts you have on a forum doesn't make you a reliable source of accurate information.

Who provided you with this information? Were they there? Have they made a report to the police? Has the visa run company been charged or acknowledged these "facts" to the police?

Let me put this another way.

There is no evidence of a truck hitting the bus. The insurance payouts have been inadequate to cover the hospital bills. Julie's Visa Run is still operating.

These are facts not hearsay and no its not an attempt at trial by Thai Visa. I'm simply stating what is already well known by expats on the island.

agreed there has been plenty of time for Julie and put the record straight but the company has been as quiet as a mouse. so u cannot blame people for trying to make sense out of the fact infront of us

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishes for speedy recovery of those unfortunate victims.

All these border runs for a stamp is just so silly and unnecessarily dangerous. Either give them the visa or deny them entry.

When will these policy makers grow up?

it annoys me too but it is the law. I wish we could just pay at the local police station to stay but cannot change the countries law over one rash out of millions.

shame there is no express train that takes us straight from surat and back but the country was not built for forangs it was built for thai's we are just tourists unfortuantly.

interesting how people do visa runs during stormy wets seasons ?

Edited by BigC

If you are claiming something as a fact then please provide some proof. The amount of posts you have on a forum doesn't make you a reliable source of accurate information.

Who provided you with this information? Were they there? Have they made a report to the police? Has the visa run company been charged or acknowledged these "facts" to the police?

I don't have many posts on here thats true.

However, what else is true is;

1 No one the bus at the time of accident, that was awake at the time, has said they were hit by anything. So do we take it that originally when people were told that a lorry was involved, driving into the back of the mini bus, this infact was a lie? well it clearly was was'nt it.

2 The insurance payouts were pitiful. How can this be if everyone was supposed to have 500,000 baht cover each?

3 This visa run service was up and running again days after the accident. Are they properly insured this time? If not, what if theres another accident?

I'd said that theres been very little hearsay on this thread and it certainly has not been trial by Thaivisa. I have no idea why people have'nt gone to the police. Thats their business. How interested the police would even be i have doubts about. But thats a separate issue. Interesting though isn't it that no one is disputing these points.

I don't have many posts on here thats true.

However, what else is true is;

1 No one the bus at the time of accident, that was awake at the time, has said they were hit by anything. So do we take it that originally when people were told that a lorry was involved, driving into the back of the mini bus, this infact was a lie? well it clearly was was'nt it.

2 The insurance payouts were pitiful. How can this be if everyone was supposed to have 500,000 baht cover each?

3 This visa run service was up and running again days after the accident. Are they properly insured this time? If not, what if theres another accident?

I'd said that theres been very little hearsay on this thread and it certainly has not been trial by Thaivisa. I have no idea why people have'nt gone to the police. Thats their business. How interested the police would even be i have doubts about. But thats a separate issue. Interesting though isn't it that no one is disputing these points.

another thing. it is hard to tell with out looking at photos of the crash. if they were hit from behinde then how badly damaged was the back of the car ?

was their any debris from the lorry on the road ?

how hard is it to catch a lorry. the accident must have had rescue teams on the seeen pretty quick along with police and lets face it lorry's aref not that hard to catch. they are big and slow and they might find it hard to hide up a mountain. or park under a tree to hide.

if there was a lorry invloved then they would have beenn caught by now.

i know this is thailand but there is a law there and it is used. more so on the mainland.

anyway. there is not much more to say. untill any new news comes along. then our questions shall remain un answered. i know that having a national website commenting and worried and not getting answers for a visa run business which is only for forangs cannot be good.

so unless some bosses come out soon then i think there compnay might have a long hard hourney back to making money.

So this is not a trial by thai visa. this is what the website is for. to keep informed on local information. I haven't herd anyone write anything that they beleive not to be true. mainly people consirned and asking questions that fall on def ears.

If the bosses of the company refuse to comment then the people on the site r doing nothing wrong by constantly asking questions.

there is no need to kill the thread as i think people will stop using this one till new information or new questions arise

Unbeilivsble post

I don't worry about getting on a bus anywhere in the world as I make sure I have medical insurance wherever I am. Expecting a bus company to provide this is not something I would consider.

Laying aside for a moment the legal requirement to have this with TOT it surely is everyone's own responsibility to cover themselves in case of accident or injury.

People should get insured or go home if they can't afford it.

That said my best wishes to those injured and hope they all make a speedy recovery.

Couldn't agree more.

Smokie36 is wrong in this instance and i can't understand why you agree? Is has nothing to do with someones personal health insurance. Nothing at all. They are the customers of a company that is supposed to cover them!!!!!!

Are you saying that people don't have the legal right to be properly insured by the visa run company even though the authorities stipulate they should? Get a grip, you sound ridiculous. It has NOTHING to do with with peoples personal insurance and in any case, if someone does have it, why should they have to ruin their no claims bonus because a visa run company does'nt operate properly and insure them correctly.

Is tis visa run company insured properly now? I would presume so as it would beggar belief that they were'nt. I would not use Julie's visa run service without proof of correct insurance but regardless there are many questions that must be answered.

For example, was there a truck involved at all? Now that really can't be a difficult question to answer can it?

Everything that has been said is fine in theory.

Now this is Thailand.

Many foreigners live here because "you do not have to follow the rules". Thais are no different - especially when it comes to saving/making money.

Before you get in a taxi, do you ask the taxi driver if he has insurance? (He would always say yes anyway.)

When you board the boat to go to KPN or Suratthani do you ask to see the insurance papers?

Before you board the Bandit Airways plane - do you ask if they have insurance? I suspect that the answers are "No".

There is an expectation that public services and private organisations do carry insurance. However, we should not be surprised if they do not. Life here is a lottery. (Riding motorbikes, dodgy bars, dangerous seas, speedboats, jet skis, drugs etc etc.) Health and safety rules do not apply and most of us love the freedom.

So - take sensible precautions, and do what you can afford to do to reduce risks. When shiiit happens (and it does) shovel it up and move on. (But feel free to bitch about it on this forum - I do.)

As an aside - how would you get 'proof of correct insurance' from the company? 1 - you would have to be able to read Thai. 2 They could forge the paper anyway.

It seems like this thread has run its course.

So the mini bus was'nt hit by a lorry. That was a lie.

Customers were not insured properly. Totally inexcusable.

This we know. The rest would be hearsay so should not be commented on.

Personally i would not dream of using a service that could not be bothered to insure people properly. Especially when other companies do. Fact, not hearsay. People can make their own opinions.

Prior to these events i would have very stupidly presumed that i would have been insured if i had to go on one of these trips, as i never would have imagined a company so irresponsible not to insure its customers.

It seems like this thread has run its course.

So the mini bus was'nt hit by a lorry. That was a lie.

Customers were not insured properly. Totally inexcusable.

This we know. The rest would be hearsay so should not be commented on.

Personally i would not dream of using a service that could not be bothered to insure people properly. Especially when other companies do. Fact, not hearsay. People can make their own opinions.

Prior to these events i would have very stupidly presumed that i would have been insured if i had to go on one of these trips, as i never would have imagined a company so irresponsible not to insure its customers.

it is a shame. one thing this accident has teached me is to find out about inssurence of a visa run company before i go. it is a shame that people had to brake their backs and necks for me to question these things. best wishes to victims

Just as an FYI:

Definition of hearsay:

1. Information received from other people that cannot be adequately substantiated; rumor.

2. The report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.

Just as an FYI:

Definition of hearsay:

1. Information received from other people that cannot be adequately substantiated; rumor.

2. The report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.

This confirms then that none of this is hearsay.

Just as an FYI:

Definition of hearsay:

This confirms then that none of this is hearsay.

very true, if you cant beleive what is being told by the people ON THE BUS, what can you beleive ?

What is this? Trial by Thaivisa

what is true is that there was a crash

what is true is that there were whitness

what is true that noone hs been arrested

what is true is that people were seriously injured

what is true that the boss is happyily stting out there listening and has option to readposts and is saying nothing.

what is true is that people want to know what is true.

what is true is that people are basing there stories from facts from the paper

No one here is setting out to reuin a business they just hoping that their next visa run won't cost them their amr and legs and back and necks and loads of hospital fees.

What is this? Trial by Thaivisa

what is true is that there was a crash

what is true is that there were whitness

what is true that noone hs been arrested

what is true is that people were seriously injured

what is true that the boss is happyily stting out there listening and has option to readposts and is saying nothing.

what is true is that people want to know what is true.

what is true is that people are basing there stories from facts from the paper

No one here is setting out to reuin a business they just hoping that their next visa run won't cost them their amr and legs and back and necks and loads of hospital fees.

hear hear BigC

Ok guys, enough is enough. My wife was one of the injured on the bus and was in hospital in Hatyai for 6 days. When we were told we could go home I went to the cashiers off ice to ask about the bill, and was told that Julies insurance had covered everything. As far as I am aware this was also true for all the other people who have been released from hospital. So can we please stop this bull about Julie not having any insurance, you have heard it from the horses mouth, so now please give it a rest!!

Ok guys, enough is enough. My wife was one of the injured on the bus and was in hospital in Hatyai for 6 days. When we were told we could go home I went to the cashiers off ice to ask about the bill, and was told that Julies insurance had covered everything. As far as I am aware this was also true for all the other people who have been released from hospital. So can we please stop this bull about Julie not having any insurance, you have heard it from the horses mouth, so now please give it a rest!!

Good to hear and nice to know your Mrs. is OK.

ahh someone who actually knows something first hand, rather than some re hashed samui gossip hearsay.

Glad your wife is ok & hope she has no issues in future relating to her injuries. Best wishes

i am sorry but this works both ways. there is just as much truth in what was written about someone whos wife was on the bus as someone whos mate was on the bus.

There is no busines bashing seems to be only business protecting. As SBK said someone who says something on behalf of what a whitness said would not stand up in court.

not saying that this person is lying i am just saying that in all fairness people cannot just pick the bits that they like to read then amplify it. On either side.

Personally unless Julie herselve appears publicly and make a full statement that cannot be reversed because the media have it for all to see. then at the moment anything is possible.

keep an open minde.

Julie is not guilty of anything yet but people are suspicious and i hope that she was fully inssurred and i hope the business is all above bored and all our questions are answered.

I am sorry but some random person coming on and quoting something that their wife said is not from the horses mouth.

What injuries did your wife sustain and maybe if she would be kind enough to put her name in the paper and give a proper account of what she sore without worrying and having to remain annoymous due to outside worries then i might be swinging to the fact that everything was above bord.

though i have tried to call Julie many times and got no answer. So untill i hear otherwise then anything is possible.

if the causulities also do not feel hard done by then that is also good enough for me as if my family was in hospital with broken bones and no inssurence then i would be down the court up to the embassy and the local media.

As for that being said i haven't seen any angry victims relatives so on that path things are looking ok.

One thing i do know coming from me. is that i know a hell of allot of people that use her visa company. I mean allot of people and i ask them if they have spoken to Julie and some have and some haven't but none of them know if she was inssurred.

I think allot of them would feel better if they knew. it would help future business on her behalf.

infact if she has done everything properly then this could be good publicity. Accidents happen every day unfortuate but part of life. It could happen at any bus train plane or car or even walking.

so if everyone is covered and has the right medical care then thumbs up for Julie and sorry you had to go through all this drama. If not then well....... :whistling:

one more thing thai visa is doing a good job by keep this thread open and watched because else where on the net people can post allot more worse things and not have to worry if it is true.

lucky to have this website which i beleive to be open and fair.

Edited by BigC

I don't worry about getting on a bus anywhere in the world as I make sure I have medical insurance wherever I am. Expecting a bus company to provide this is not something I would consider.

Laying aside for a moment the legal requirement to have this with TOT it surely is everyone's own responsibility to cover themselves in case of accident or injury.

People should get insured or go home if they can't afford it.

That said my best wishes to those injured and hope they all make a speedy recovery.

Couldn't agree more.

Smokie36 is wrong in this instance and i can't understand why you agree? Is has nothing to do with someones personal health insurance. Nothing at all. They are the customers of a company that is supposed to cover them!!!!!!

Are you saying that people don't have the legal right to be properly insured by the visa run company even though the authorities stipulate they should? Get a grip, you sound ridiculous. It has NOTHING to do with with peoples personal insurance and in any case, if someone does have it, why should they have to ruin their no claims bonus because a visa run company does'nt operate properly and insure them correctly.

Is tis visa run company insured properly now? I would presume so as it would beggar belief that they were'nt. I would not use Julie's visa run service without proof of correct insurance but regardless there are many questions that must be answered.

For example, was there a truck involved at all? Now that really can't be a difficult question to answer can it?

your nanny state, all is taken care of, i have no personal responsibility for my own well-being attitude will bite you in the butt one day.

i would never assume a visa run service would carry adequate medical for me in the case of emergency. They certainly wont provide evac to your home country or even to a respectable hospital in the capital.

your belief in your legal rights here is laughable and beggars common sense, and your remark regarding you no claims bonus is equally laughable.

I have no idea whether the service is insured or not, nor do I know what level of coverage they may or may not have had, but i can say i would have never assumed it was adequate to my needs.

keep an open mind.

Good advise for you to heed Big C, your posts are coming across as very lynch mob like.

Good advice for all the posts on the thread I would say. Wait and see.

Meanwhile there is the issue of the fundraiser etc....it just doesn't all add up.

few years ago i took a visa run with herbert, the paper was stating you come at your own will and you are covered up to 50k baht in case of accident, you have to sign it before going into the bus.

this might be the same insurance julie has, it is enough to cover small accident but not someone who needs brain monitoring and very expensive/specific cares.

few monthes ago maybe a year, 11 people died in a mini bus accident in bangkok, a teenager was driving her parent's car and hit the door of the bus or something similar, those life could have been saved if the mini bus had seatbelt, a law was suppose to come, any news about that?

last time i did a visa run, no seatbelt we present in the minibus...

Edited by NHJ

few years ago i took a visa run with herbert, the paper was stating you come at your own will and you are covered up to 50k baht in case of accident, you have to sign it before going into the bus.

this might be the same insurance julie has, it is enough to cover small accident but not someone who needs brain monitoring and very expensive/specific cares.

few monthes ago maybe a year, 11 people died in a mini bus accident in bangkok, a teenager was driving her parent's car and hit the door of the bus or something similar, those life could have been saved if the mini bus had seatbelt, a law was suppose to come, any news about that?

last time i did a visa run, no seatbelt we present in the minibus...

yes 2 good points

1 stating that the insurence might cover smaller injuries

2 Why would there need to be be fund raisers for people that are fully covered. Now i am confussed. if i was to donate money then i might be i bit pissed if i found out that the needed people are already paid for.

like said. it does not make sense. something is not right.

ahh someone who actually knows something first hand, rather than some re hashed samui gossip hearsay.

Glad your wife is ok & hope she has no issues in future relating to her injuries. Best wishes

I am soory Boo but how is that more first hand than me for example talking to someone on the bus? Its not is it. Is that person telling the truth anymore than me/ Why is his post that backs uo Julie's visa run instantly more credible than other posts who are quoting from witnesses that state different? this really isn't adding up.

Finally to state that its like a Thaivisa lynch is total melodramatic rubbish. On the contrary this thread has been very reasonable throughout. the only bias shown would clearly be by your goodself.

I also note that unlike another instance you have blatently failed to draw refence to a new poster. Out of the blue here is a new poster totally contradicting what others on the bus have said to me and you immediately take that as valid!!!!!!! is that because that poster is saying what you want to hear? Why is that poster more valid than others that you simply don't seem to agree with.

I've edited because i'd like to say that i would greatly appreciate an answer to my questions and in particulat i'd like to know why this particular person quote that had such a fortunate ending to the incidence is instantantly truthful and more credible than other eyewitness accounts when it is clear for the world to see that this a a ONE POST member that has miraculously appeared out of nowhere.?

Over to you

Edited by Hackett

How come then some others were not? Can i presume from your post then that the ones that did'nt get paid out can now apply to get all their money back/ Surely thats a very simple yes ofcourse they can isn't it? Well that really good news then.

No one knows the circumstances of the crash. Please let's not start accusations without knowledge of the facts or circumstances.

Main concern at the moment is the well being of the passengers. So any further progress reports, would be appreciated.

Wise advice.

thumbsup.gif

keep an open mind.

Good advise for you to heed Big C, your posts are coming across as very lynch mob like.

Good advice for all the posts on the thread I would say. Wait and see.

Meanwhile there is the issue of the fundraiser etc....it just doesn't all add up.

yes, and now i'm quite curious about this fundraiser. i was asked to donate something for someone in the hospital that had no insurance, and i did. a terrible spot to be in for sure and i hope he recovers, but i'd like to hear a follow up on this insurance issue. without any suitable explanation for the insurance coverage or lack of, i'd probably feel less inclined to donate again in the future without feeling like i'd have to play sherlock to avoid getting scammed. unfortunate that someone is in critical care through no fault of their own, and even more unfortunate that there is perhaps less focus on his care because of this confusion.

No one knows the circumstances of the crash. Please let's not start accusations without knowledge of the facts or circumstances.

Main concern at the moment is the well being of the passengers. So any further progress reports, would be appreciated.

Wise advice.

thumbsup.gif

Then perhaps it wouls also be better to practice what you preach. That would be not taking taking a first post members story as instantly credible and questioning the credibility of other witness versions because you happen to prefer that version.

And while we are on the subject perhaps this getleman could confirm whether or not a lorry hit the bus? A very simple yes or no would suffice because i see he negected to mention this particular point. i ask this because this seems a very big FACT that some are trying to brush over. Or does this post sound like a lynch mob? :rolleyes:

I am soory Boo but how is that more first hand than me for example talking to someone on the bus? Its not is it. Is that person telling the truth anymore than me/ Why is his post that backs uo Julie's visa run instantly more credible than other posts who are quoting from witnesses that state different? this really isn't adding up.

Finally to state that its like a Thaivisa lynch is total melodramatic rubbish. On the contrary this thread has been very reasonable throughout. the only bias shown would clearly be by your goodself.

I also note that unlike another instance you have blatently failed to draw refence to a new poster. Out of the blue here is a new poster totally contradicting what others on the bus have said to me and you immediately take that as valid!!!!!!! is that because that poster is saying what you want to hear? Why is that poster more valid than others that you simply don't seem to agree with.

I've edited because i'd like to say that i would greatly appreciate an answer to my questions and in particulat i'd like to know why this particular person quote that had such a fortunate ending to the incidence is instantantly truthful and more credible than other eyewitness accounts when it is clear for the world to see that this a a ONE POST member that has miraculously appeared out of nowhere.?

Over to you

Dear Sir.

After spending 72 hours by my wifes bedside in Hatyai public hospital, no sleep and very little food, then being able to have her transferred to Bangkok international hospital in Hatyai for a further 3 days, I take offence at your remarks about me not telling the truth. I don't know where you are getting your information, but it must be from a comic book.

The reason this is only my second post is because I received a phone call from Julie telling me about your remarks on this forum so I decided to take a look myself. Once again I question where you are getting your information. So I will state once again just in case you do not understand. My wife received head injuries which resulted in 2 small blood clots on her brain, her left side is covered in massive bruising. Sha had x rays to her abdomen, spine, neck and skull. She also had 2 ct scans to her brain. Perhaps you would like to know her inside leg measurment and waist size as well? All of this was over 6 days and ONCE AGAIN Julies insurance paid every penny of the bill.

My wife was not an eye witness, she was involved!! and will have the scars to prove it.

Hopefully this will answer all of your questions because you are obviously so full of your own importance that you need to know.