Moving The Family To Rayong Area

emugirl

Hi everyone,

I am after some feedback and advice please.... my husband has taken a job which will have him working out at Hemaraj Eastern Industrial Estate starting Dec.

As a family of 4 (two kids aged 7 &12) we are now on the search for a good quality international school and somewhere to live that is reasonbly close to the

school we eventually choose. Husband is happy to commute to keep a happy household!

We will have the oppurtunity for a look-see in October but our time will be limited and we will want to make the most of it.

So I guess my question is ...if you were looking at St Andrews, ISE, Regents International Schools which ones have the best housing and amenities close to them

and a family-friendly community feel?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give...I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the coming months.

Cheers.

Emugirl

Rayong provence is fine if working at Hemaraj Eastern Industrial Estate its about 75km from Ban Chang used to take me 45min to and hour to get home.

My self as we live in the area and prefere it to Pattaya scene would choose Ban Chang there are plenty nice houseing estates in the area Eastern Star may be the better but I am not sure there are plenty.

As far as schooling is there is Garden International and Saint Andrews is this area.

If you chose Regents then you would probally should start looking in the Pattaya area to live.

Any way injoy you stay in Thailand its a wonderful place

Eastern Star would be the best for you to live in the area and it is next to Garden International School.

There are several good houses available for rent in Vintage Home Village inside Eastern Star just a few hundred meters of the Golf course.

Emugirl

Rayong provence is fine if working at Hemaraj Eastern Industrial Estate its about 75km from Ban Chang used to take me 45min to and hour to get home.

Isn't Hemaraj Eastern Industrial Estate located in Mapthaput next to Banchang?

The other one is called Hemaraj Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate.

map_xl.jpg

Edited by C5VETTE

Yes C5VETTE, you are right on your location, there are 3 industial estates in the same area, MTP, Padang and Hemeraj.

Emugirl, St. Andrew's is a better school than Garden International (and also more expensive) and there is a housing estate (St. Andrew's Village) right next to it.

Or you could live in Ban Chang which is a 12kms drive from St. Andrews and has several gated communities with houses and swimming pool, gym etc.

Is your 7 year old a daughter named Sydney by any chance?

Edited by PattayaParent

wow, thanks for mentioning about the different estates.... the Hemaraj Rayong Industrial Land will be the one he will be working at. That's why I was getting differnt distances every time I tried to google map something!wink.gif

PattayaParent...you might have guessed we are Aussies but we would never call our daughter Sydney (we are Melbourne folk!!)biggrin.gif and the 7 yo is our cheeky boy. Any more feedback on the different schools is most welcome.

We have had two international moves before this one and we now know enough to know that a great school community is key to our happiness (both mum and kids!).

Thanks for the advice everyone...we are getting very excited but still lots to research. Thanks for the clear map too C5vette that was a great idea to post.

I agree with the others here. Ban Chang is the number 1 choice....Eastern Star is great but its a long walk to the ocean....I have a house in Payoon Greenvill and the ocean is close and its a very quiet gated community with some new rentals....you can't go wrong with either place...

Yes C5VETTE, you are right on your location, there are 3 industial estates in the same area, MTP, Padang and Hemeraj.

Emugirl, St. Andrew's is a better school than Garden International (and also more expensive) and there is a housing estate (St. Andrew's Village) right next to it.

Or you could live in Ban Chang which is a 12kms drive from St. Andrews and has several gated communities with houses and swimming pool, gym etc.

Hi

Just wondering why you say St Andrews is a better school then GIS .They both do the IB program, does St Andrews have better results ?

Genuinely interested to know.thanks.

Thanks for all the info so far everyone....it seems we are going to have plenty of choice. I have found a few places to look at online. Can anyone tell me if Horseshoe Point and the Regents Estate

are as good in real life as they look on the web?

Cheers,

emugirl.

Hi

Just wondering why you say St Andrews is a better school then GIS .They both do the IB program, does St Andrews have better results ?

Better facilities at Sr. Andrew's and they are improving them every year.

Although it's been 5 years since I last saw GIS so they may have also improved in that time.

Hi

Although it's been 5 years since I last saw GIS so they may have also improved in that time.

So you are saying that St Andrew's is a better school than GIS just because it has better facilities ??

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

So you are saying that St Andrew's is a better school than GIS just because it has better facilities ??

I have worked for both of these schools and still have friends who are still working there. You can check Garden on facebook. You can see their updates on IB and IGCSE results. You can also see them in the Pattaya local paper.

My suggestion is that you pay a visit to these schools and see for yourself the difference.

Hi

Try to check this link for Garden's IB results. I hope this will help you decide.

http://www.pattayamail.com/ourchildren/gis-students-attain-100-pass-rate-for-ib-diploma-exams-1853

Garden's IGCSE results

http://www.pattayamail.com/ourchildren/igcse-stars-at-gis-5928

Hi

Here are links you can check to help you decide. Garden's results on IB /IGCSE exams.

http://www.pattayama...loma-exams-1853

http://www.pattayama...ars-at-gis-5928

Hi

Here are links you can check to help you decide. Garden's results on IB /IGCSE exams.

http://www.pattayama...loma-exams-1853

http://www.pattayama...ars-at-gis-5928

same as St. Andrews http://pattayamail.c.../kids.shtml#hd3

http://pattaya.anglo...etail.asp?ID=12

Regents also achieve good results.

Edited by PattayaParent