1million Baht Sinsod (dowry)

BKK Traveler

Why would you pay any money for any women, beautiful or not. Sounds kind of stupid to me. What ever happened to the oldfashion "Love". hel_l if you need beautiful and smart women, go to any colleges. PLenty of them

What kind of respectful family gives up their daughter for 1 million baht or any money anyway. :o

why not forget the whole marriage idea and spend the money in Nana?

There's loads of Isaan virgins in there and they are all 1000 a pop.

you can hump for 3 years down there on a million and still not have to pay for a divorce :o

"The going rate"......do they live on a long straight road?

My friend just got engaged and has agreed to pay a 1 million baht sinsod, plus 10 baht of gold, plus the cost of the wedding.

This is to an Isaan girl.  She's 20 years old, EXTREMELY traditional with high morals, along with her family, a virgin and intends to remain one until her wedding night.  She's also stunningly attractive, extremely intelligent (in her second year of university with a near perfect GPA), and very charming with a wonderful personality.  She claims that she's been approached by numerous rich Thai men wanting to marry her, but has turned all them down as she doesn't want to marry a Thai.  Her family is poor, but not farmers.  They live in a small town near the Laos border.

My friend is middle aged and has a good paying job and is well off.  During the negotiations for the dowry, he was originally asked if he could pay 2 million baht and was told that the going rate in the area for farangs to pay for a such a bride was about 1.4 million baht and up.  He told them he didn't have that much cash but only had 1 million so they said they'd accept that and he then agreed.

I don't think it's going to hurt him to pay that much, but I'm just wondering if inflation has really taken hold in the sinsod recently, or was this a case of "price gouging"?  Does anyone have any recent data on the going rate of a sinsod in Isaan for a farang man marrying a highly desirable bride?  I haven't heard of any sinsod being this high in the BKK area, except in the case of high society couples, but I'm not sure if the situation is different in Isaan where the sinsod may be viewed as the last chance for a family to get out of debt.  BTW, there was no mention of returning any of the sinsod after the wedding ceremony.

TROLL. OP is not in Thailand

edited to be a bit more serious:

He shouldn't give an amount of money which will generate resentment and interfere with their future. Strike an equitable deal and live with it.

More important, is the OP going to the wedding? There will plenty of hot women looking for a similar deal. You will be in high demand. Enjoy it.

Edited by aughie

My friend just got engaged and has agreed to pay a 1 million baht sinsod, plus 10 baht of gold, plus the cost of the wedding.

This is to an Isaan girl.  She's 20 years old, EXTREMELY traditional with high morals, along with her family, a virgin and intends to remain one until her wedding night.  She's also stunningly attractive, extremely intelligent (in her second year of university with a near perfect GPA), and very charming with a wonderful personality.  She claims that she's been approached by numerous rich Thai men wanting to marry her, but has turned all them down as she doesn't want to marry a Thai.  Her family is poor, but not farmers.  They live in a small town near the Laos border.

My friend is middle aged and has a good paying job and is well off.  During the negotiations for the dowry, he was originally asked if he could pay 2 million baht and was told that the going rate in the area for farangs to pay for a such a bride was about 1.4 million baht and up.  He told them he didn't have that much cash but only had 1 million so they said they'd accept that and he then agreed.

I don't think it's going to hurt him to pay that much, but I'm just wondering if inflation has really taken hold in the sinsod recently, or was this a case of "price gouging"?  Does anyone have any recent data on the going rate of a sinsod in Isaan for a farang man marrying a highly desirable bride?  I haven't heard of any sinsod being this high in the BKK area, except in the case of high society couples, but I'm not sure if the situation is different in Isaan where the sinsod may be viewed as the last chance for a family to get out of debt.  BTW, there was no mention of returning any of the sinsod after the wedding ceremony.

sorry but your story should be tried in a bar full of other con men like yourself maybe you live in a small village and are bored whatever try and wind up some local falangs these storys are posted to get pepole to bite yes well iam not iam just letting you know there are some folks who can suss out a bullshiter

you can hump for 3 years down there on a million and still not have to pay for a divorce :o

hel_l, save the money and stake out the Mo Chit terminal. :D

Edited by johnnyk

hel_l, save the money and stake out the Mo Chit terminal. :D

Cut out the middle man ummmm er the mama San :D

FOR SALE

1995 ISSAN SUNNY

light brown colour , not yet run in , twin airbags , well looked after.

light usage only ,no farm work , never been offroad or rear ended , passenger seat unused.

garaged every night and washed regularly.

unmodified inlet manifold and original exhaust. pink starter button on lower dashboard.

as new , literally straight out of the showroom ,

new owner required , needs a good run and will probably go like the clappers.

only 1 mill.

Edited by taxexile

<snip>Her family is poor, but not farmers.  They live in a small town near the Laos border.

<snip>  if he could pay 2 million baht and was told that the going rate in the area for farangs to pay <snip>

Oh some good laughs here. Troll or not, here we go....

I think they are talking about 2M Lao Kip, not Thai Baht. Now if I go to the Bank in Vientiane near the market, I get an exchange rate of 256 Lao Kip for 1 baht. So the real Sin-Sod is actually 7812.50 Baht. Now it isn't good to do a number like that, so it should be a number finishing in 9's.

So you should go back and offer 2,559,744 as that will translate to 9,999 Baht.

As far as the gold, he can also but that in Laos

FOR SALE

1995 ISSAN SUNNY

light usage only ,no farm work , never been offroad or rear ended , passenger seat unused.

unmodified inlet manifold and original exhaust. pink starter button on lower dashboard.

only 1 mill.

:o:D :D

FOR SALE

1995 ISSAN SUNNY

only 1 mill.

:o:D

Why would anyone shell out one million baht? There are plenty of real stunners like Miss Phuket who are still available for a whole lot less.

missphuket9wm.jpg

Wow she is &lt;deleted&gt; gorgeous, anyone know her phone number? Just dont tell the wife :o

I think that 1995 Issan hunny is going to get you arrested. You really should wait another 10 years. If it were a 1985 model you wouldn't have to deal with pedophiles. 

a typo error.

yes its a 1985 model.

about ready for a thorough lube service.

I think that 1995 Issan hunny is going to get you arrested. You really should wait another 10 years. If it were a 1985 model you wouldn't have to deal with pedophiles. 

a typo error.

yes its a 1985 model.

about ready for a thorough lube service.

Can we look under the bonnet first? :o

This is the funniest shit I have seen for a while...

If love is in order then I say ###### the dowry...

If you want to buy a wife then give them the cash and make sure you have plenty more because they will be asking for it!

:o