Aircon cleaning and repair

Inderpland

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe just decline the gas refill if you don't have a problem with AC getting cold. It is as we know an easy scam the young lads pull

Or buy your own gas bottle, that is what I did ????

bottle.thumb.JPG.79ebc1df1ba187f1185e126dc1ad7568.JPG

PS: Picture was from a previous post on another topic regarding aircons :whistling:

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

I have used Paitoon (08-1353 6654) for a very long time and can fully recommend him. Trustworthy and reasonable prices.

We also buy all new units from him, I have compared prices and he is on par with or below the big retailers.

Thanks, does he repair units as well as clean them?

I have used 'Santipad Air Service' they did a great job. very thorough cleaning and no scam...  500 each unit. and fill gas

phone: 0954702534

fb: Santipad Air Service

Edited by John8

29 minutes ago, John8 said:

I have used 'Santipad Air Service' they did a great job. very thorough cleaning and no scam...  500 each unit. and fill gas

phone: 0954702534

fb: Santipad Air Service

Thanks. Same question to you; do you know if they repair units as well?

On 5/12/2023 at 4:07 PM, MJCM said:

Or buy your own gas bottle, that is what I did ????

bottle.thumb.JPG.79ebc1df1ba187f1185e126dc1ad7568.JPG

PS: Picture was from a previous post on another topic regarding aircons :whistling:

How much is it? We had a bloke pulling the need gas top up lark. When we finally got the Mitsu guys it they said they had to take some out!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I never even let them check the gas. In the worst case they damage the valves and it will be leaking. In the meantime after extremely bad experiences here in Pattaya I clean my aircons myself. Yes, it gets on my nerves but the cleaning experiences I had were extremely bad and I tried 3 different companies. The last one threw away 6 screws. But this wasn't the worst experience.

Good idea, I'll tell them in future not to check the gas (unless it's not getting cold)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2023 at 6:51 AM, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

I have used Paitoon (08-1353 6654) for a very long time and can fully recommend him. Trustworthy and reasonable prices.

We also buy all new units from him, I have compared prices and he is on par with or below the big retailers.

How much for a clean please?

On 5/12/2023 at 3:43 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe just decline the gas refill if you don't have a problem with AC getting cold. It is as we know an easy scam the young lads pull

Gas refills come from a small bottle fitted with a standard regulator.  It should cost no more than an extra 200 Baht on to a standard circa 4/500 Baht cleaning job.  Any more and you are being ripped off.  Very few one man band aircon cleaners do repairs. Same with car aircons. Little guy in a lockup by the side of the road will re-gas for 200 Baht. 

Look that they don't use the water from the water container of the toilet (the upper part...) Some like to do it because it refills automatically. But this water is very dirty.

One day my aircon was full of algue slime and the evaporator was blocked. 3 cleaning companies cleaned this aircon and did not realise the problem because it was on the backside. And I told them that there is almost no airflow. Answer I don't know, the fan has a problem, the board has a problem and this after the cleaning. So much to their cleaning quality.

I needed chemicals and a lot of work to get rid of it. Since this experience I clean the aircons myself with drinking water and chemicals. There was never a problem again. Of course this work gets on my nerves. But I gave up to use cleaning companies. And this with the algue was not the only problem. 

If you use chemicals put a piece of aluminium foil and a piece of copper wire into a glass with a lid and add the chemical and check after some days. A cleaner from a very well known US brand dissolved the aluminium completely. Not a good choice to use this one.

If you ask for the price ask if this includes the outside compressor unit too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Look that they don't use the water from the water container of the toilet (the upper part...) Some like to do it because it refills automatically. But this water is very dirty.

One day my aircon was full of algue slime and the evaporator was blocked. 3 cleaning companies cleaned this aircon and did not realise the problem because it was on the backside. And I told them that there is almost no airflow. Answer I don't know, the fan has a problem, the board has a problem and this after the cleaning. So much to their cleaning quality.

I needed chemicals and a lot of work to get rid of it. Since this experience I clean the aircons myself with drinking water and chemicals. There was never a problem again. Of course this work gets on my nerves. But I gave up to use cleaning companies. And this with the algue was not the only problem. 

If you use chemicals put a piece of aluminium foil and a piece of copper wire into a glass with a lid and add the chemical and check after some days. A cleaner from a very well known US brand dissolved the aluminium completely. Not a good choice to use this one.

If you ask for the price ask if this includes the outside compressor unit too.

Yeah wow.

Mine are cleaned using tap water... which is the same water that fills the toilet.

Never had an algae problem !!

19 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah wow.

Mine are cleaned using tap water... which is the same water that fills the toilet.

Never had an algae problem !!

But this water standing in the water of the toilet water container might be of a different quality. After this experience I even boil the drinking water and of course let it cool down completely before using it. This story went on for almost a year and they didn't find the reason. I believed them until I checked myself. Here a not so nice picture of the problem. 

16841302231050.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Gas refills come from a small bottle fitted with a standard regulator.  It should cost no more than an extra 200 Baht on to a standard circa 4/500 Baht cleaning job.  Any more and you are being ripped off.  Very few one man band aircon cleaners do repairs. Same with car aircons. Little guy in a lockup by the side of the road will re-gas for 200 Baht. 

Point is young somchais refill the gas for 200 baht when it's not needed, good little scam

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Point is young somchais refill the gas for 200 baht when it's not needed, good little scam

topping up every 6 months,  for 200 baht, is hardly a major scam, and is perhaps sensible. . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

topping up every 6 months,  for 200 baht, is hardly a major scam, and is perhaps sensible. . 

Any A/C that needs topping up every 6 months has a leak/fault...????

• Like 1
  • Agree 1