Australia V Thailand Wc Qualifier

ctrunfree

Great game, the Aussies deserved the win but the Thai's gave them hell of a scare in the first half. Australia 2-1 Thailand.

Shame the power went out in the Old Belle and all along Loi Kroh road just 10 minutes into the match!

From the press reports, it didn't sound like I missed much by way of an impressive Socceroo performance

Great game, the Aussies deserved the win but the Thai's gave them hell of a scare in the first half. Australia 2-1 Thailand.

Shame the power went out in the Old Belle and all along Loi Kroh road just 10 minutes into the match!

From the press reports, it didn't sound like I missed much by way of an impressive Socceroo performance

2-1

Cant believe it. Start for me (English) of the 2014 World Cup, had goose bumps!

Just love International football

Thailand scored first we all cheered, westeners and car park attendants. It stagered us during the game the total lack of interest from the Thai people passing by. The car park guys and toilet cleaners seemed to know it was a world cup game, but the rest couldnt care. It was a pathetic show from the locals. Just sad.

Iain

Thailand scored first we all cheered, westeners and car park attendants. It stagered us during the game the total lack of interest from the Thai people passing by. The car park guys and toilet cleaners seemed to know it was a world cup game, but the rest couldnt care. It was a pathetic show from the locals. Just sad.

Iain

Why? Thai's don't care that much for football from their own country, and with reason, the level is very low.

However they do get warm from a big premier league match, mainly because they like to gamble on those matches.

Iain

Why? Thai's don't care that much for football from their own country, and with reason, the level is very low.

However they do get warm from a big premier league match, mainly because they like to gamble on those matches.

You have obviously never been to a local football game then. Chiang Mai get crowds anywhere between 10 and 15,000 people. Sections with huge flags and lots of drums and trumpets with fanatical support. Thai's are very much into their local football as well as you rightly say premier league matches. Maybe the fact the game started at 5pm on friday night when people had not finished work yet or were on the way home had a lot to do with things.

Sorry about that ctrunfree! It happens! Squirrels on the wires or something! Any way, it can back on after about 15 mins, so we missed Thailand's goal, but saw Australia's comeback. Things went downhill after Tim Cahill (Ex Millwall, of course!) went off!!