Qatar Hkt/Kul

jdean

I am thinking of flying to KL next week. The fares on Qatar are competitive with Air Asia (at the moment) and cheaper than Malaysian Airlines. Has anyone flown this sector and if so is it special?

Its the first leg of the flight from Phuket to Doha,its Qatar airways flight usually 16. 45, flight.. drop off and pick new K L passengers to continue onwards, the nearest return flight ,is the following day ...i have flown it a few times nice planes good company..QATAR AIRLINES

I flew with them HKT – KUL return end July. Service as expected on a short route. Newer aircraft than what Malaysian Airlines use on the same route (unless MH have changed aircrafts recently). For the price I paid better value than MH. They were also nice with my overweight luggage so all in all I will use them again on the same route and maybe also to Europe next year if their schedule fit my travelling plans. No feeling of 5 star on short trip as that but friends tells me the business class long haul is superior to other airlines.

I flew with them HKT – KUL return end July. Service as expected on a short route. Newer aircraft than what Malaysian Airlines use on the same route (unless MH have changed aircrafts recently). For the price I paid better value than MH. They were also nice with my overweight luggage so all in all I will use them again on the same route and maybe also to Europe next year if their schedule fit my travelling plans. No feeling of 5 star on short trip as that but friends tells me the business class long haul is superior to other airlines.

Thanks for your response.

How is the Food and Beverage Service on this short hop?

Normal snack and any drinks,its only 1hr 20 mins,the main meals are offere after the K L.. Doha flight , but all ok

We got a sandwich both ways if I remember correctly. It was ok and the coffee was hot not lukewarm as so often on flights. We also (surprisingly on a short route as that) got headphones and movies was running on the seat screen.