Honda Big Wing Opening

hehehoho

In case the story is removed in the future.

12 new products planed by AP Honda in the next few years.

New lines are already built at the factory and reserved for bigger bikes.

The plant is being tested and next month should see the start of production.

Most will be for export as the local market for big bikes is small.

The Big Bike Centre will be opened by AP Honda next year.

Sales director with AP Honda says that they're ready to enter the market for big bikes.

Two factors being the saturation of the lower end of the local market, and Japan-Thai free trade agreement which offers lower tariffs.

The mention of the Japan-Thai FTA is interesting as I believe Japan have a large demand for the 400cc class due to license/insurance regulations. If so it would be great to see a new little CBR400 reintroduced as possibly a twin.

Probably not unless it's built here. :D

Anyone in the know have any ideas on what 'big bikes' they plan on producing down in their plant?

AP Honda saying '12 new models', and branching out from 'the saturated small bike market' sounds interesting enough. Hopefully to be a few big bikes in there under the same sort of pricing that makes the locally produced Kawa's such good value.

Edited by hehehoho

AP Honda saying '12 new models', and branching out from 'the saturated small bike market' sounds interesting enough. Hopefully to be a few big bikes in there under the same sort of pricing that makes the locally produced Kawa's such good value.

3 versions of a new Honda Dream. New versions for the Wave, Click and Scoopy...:lol: That's already six...:lol:

Sorry dude, I couldn't resist :jap:.

That would be good.

The CBR/Ninja 250 'debate' taken to the 600s. :D

:partytime2:

I doubt there's much comparison between Kawasaki's 50cc bigger bikes that make 31 less claimed HP and the Hornet, has less braking capabilities, etc.

Of course the ER-6* will be a MUCH better value and more n00b friendly as it produces same torque and doesn't need to be revved as high.

I would even consider the ugly crossrunner if it was "normal" pric.

Would definitely consider the crosstourer if they put it into production, as it would be a good (pricewise) competitor to the GS

Edited by MRToMRT

• 2 months later...

Wonder if these monstrosities - 200+kg, 51bhp, will be waiting in the wings, so to speak.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/milan-2012-honda-nc700x-and-nc700s-dct/19424.html

The S version actually looks okay.

110811-2top-i-730x461.jpg

HondaNC700SEicma.jpg

If they are powered by a twin-cylinder 670cc they make a good chance to become available in Thailand... About the production of a twin-cylinder 670cc engine by Honda Motorcycle (Thailand) I will have soon more info...

Yeah they are 670cc twins... weird bikes for sure. I am afraid they'll go the way of the DN-01, neither appealing to scooter users nor to sports bikes enthusiasts.

It's not competitive with a real bike; and at the other end of the spectrum, it doesn't seem to have any advantages over a maxi scooter - it looks slightly less practical, that's all.