Pool Equipment Repair In Chiang Mai

LivinLOS

As per my other thread, I need some things fixed up, and not having much luck hunting so far.

I am after a pool company or tech with some english speaking ability, no fluency needed just some and or a will to try.

A can do lateral mindset for repair would also help as I have a repair required but not having luck defining the manufacturer for parts.. Might be a case of epoxy or chemical metal fix needed.

Livin

Your post is way too difficult to understand. What exactly is the problem? What things need to be fixed?

The pump I was trying to identify yesterday needs an o ring replacement (presume easy) and has a cracked piece of plastic (presume a much bigger issue) sandwiched between pump and basket.

If I cant find the replacement piece of plastic part, and as yet I cant even diagnose the manufacturer, I have a hunch it could be effectively repaired with a top quality epoxy and perhaps some external support band.

I took the pump to two places yesterday and they just went.. er.. er.. er.. mai loo.. They dont know the brand. I understand they dont know or stock that brand, but if we cant get the bit lets strip it down, examine the issue, and see about a bit of MacGyver cunning.

That willingness to have a look and improvise is what I need.

Difficult to find that kind of thinking here in LOS. Have you tried Siam Pools there in CM? The shop is owned by a British guy named Jon. His partner's name is Keith. Jon is not on site all the time but Keith is.

They may have to send the pump to BKK for repairs.

Difficult to find that kind of thinking here in LOS. Have you tried Siam Pools there in CM? The shop is owned by a British guy named Jon. His partner's name is Keith. Jon is not on site all the time but Keith is.

I realize 'fix it' ingenuity can be tough, I have had enough uphill battles restoring motorbikes, but if someone works with me a bit, I can probably get it done myself. CM is a decent sized city and theres some more modern thinkers than a really rural location. Just finding one, as per the OP.. Fingers crossed.

I also called a number for an Aussie guy (from the forum here ) at Siam Pools yesterday after my failure to communicate with Thai staff at the office.. And a Thai guy with limited english said jimmy was no longer there ?? Office staff didnt indicate any farangs in management I could talk to. Anyone have numbers for the management (if there is farang involvement) who I can try ?? So far its been a fail, both in English, my bad Thai, and my wifes Thai.

• 3 weeks later...

I realize 'fix it' ingenuity can be tough, I have had enough uphill battles restoring motorbikes, but if someone works with me a bit, I can probably get it done myself. CM is a decent sized city and theres some more modern thinkers than a really rural location. Just finding one, as per the OP.. Fingers crossed.

I also called a number for an Aussie guy (from the forum here ) at Siam Pools yesterday after my failure to communicate with Thai staff at the office.. And a Thai guy with limited english said jimmy was no longer there ?? Office staff didnt indicate any farangs in management I could talk to. Anyone have numbers for the management (if there is farang involvement) who I can try ?? So far its been a fail, both in English, my bad Thai, and my wifes Thai.

LOS this post is late in the game and I already responded on the other thread but I can tell you I have as much "fix it" ability as anyone and more then most but also 25 years experience that tells me when to throw in the towel and consider the patient unrecoverable having been done there and done that many times over, as they'll/you'll be tied to it forever and from a tech's point of view if they're good at their job it's also their duty to help you see the light too. That's what I'm doing here, the patient is at end stage and now it's time to just put it to sleep and get a new one, you're performing CPR on a terminal cancer patient..

Edited by WarpSpeed