It Facebook

skippie999

Hi, we have 3 computers and all 3 of them have the problem that they do not start the facebook page. only sometimes it allow you to enter the start page and even inside the website it blocks you to follow steps. this is only since 2 weeks. we never had problems before. we use 3BB connection. anyone else having the same problem? it could be that 3BB is blocking facebook to keep the speed through their servers otherwise they loose customers? when you call them they tell you to reinstall your computer because when you can load other pages it is not their problem..... An ISP like 3BB always can block any page you can use so logically facebook is the most used page on any computer in thailand because people play a lot of games as well inside those websites....

I'm also on 3BB, not their fastest service (which is premier I think?) and no one in my house has had any problem with using facebook. Right now I'm on and no problem. If anything, the problem is keeping the teenagers off it when it's bedtime!

Are you up to date with some sort of Virus detection software? Does your system(s) need Defragmentation? Are you using WiFi and have the settings set in such a way that the entire neighborhood is using your connection? Just a few thoughts ...

3 computers?

Please run a Malware for all three. But it's a little ridiculous that all three infect with virus at the same time.

My advice, bring your laptop to else where, WiFi it see can access or not. If not, it's your computer fault!

Since it doesn't appear to be Chiang Mai related perhaps this would be better off in the computer forum where the real computer geeks errr experts hang out.

skippie, let me know if you would like it moved, cheers

Since it doesn't appear to be Chiang Mai related perhaps this would be better off in the computer forum where the real computer geeks errr experts hang out.

skippie, let me know if you would like it moved, cheers

yes i tried everything myself and the suggestions but it still not working. the problem is it works sometimes yes and sometimes no. i am myself for 30 yeas in IT but of course do not have all the today's tricks and gadgets aboard....

probably good to move this to the IT section....

thanks

skippie

Are you up to date with some sort of Virus detection software? Does your system(s) need Defragmentation? Are you using WiFi and have the settings set in such a way that the entire neighborhood is using your connection? Just a few thoughts ...

downloaded avg fresh, run avg tune 2011 and run ccleaner and deletes everything in cash and defraged etc. problem still there: simply cannot start www.facebook.com with explorer 8 and not with firefox. however sometimes we have limited access to the page and cannot run a pork game or something because they start and hang.......

thanks for your advice anyway...

good thinking. ik will do as well.....

thanks

3 computers?

Please run a Malware for all three. But it's a little ridiculous that all three infect with virus at the same time.

My advice, bring your laptop to else where, WiFi it see can access or not. If not, it's your computer fault!

Same with me dude

In Badaan and facebook sometimes never works. Same with hotmail too.

I dont trust any governments and if China does it along with the Uk I see no reason why a clamped down government like Thailand wouldn't either. Dont believe me, write something about you know who and watch how slow your internet is for the next week.

Same with me dude

I dont trust any governments and if China does it along with the Uk I see no reason why a clamped down government like Thailand wouldn't either. Dont believe me, write something about you know who and watch how slow your internet is for the next week.

hi,

no this has nothing to do with governments or control. facebook is a generally used page and if this was true what you say, many people would answer they had the same problem! it truely seems to be a local problem for me and i only have to try to solve my problems. most likely something with firewall settings in modem or some vicious malware.... hopefully i will find it. i have an iphone as well so today i try with wifi on same modem with that phone....

thanks skippie

Could be browser or proxy related (if applicable).

Not sure which browser OP is using but Google Chrome has known issues with logging into some account based sites when connecting through a VPN or Proxy. No such issues with IE or Firefox.

I cannot login to Facebook with Google Chrome on my work laptop in the office but can at home.

oops you might be a little bit right here mate!

i find in the internet all sorts of government blockings like

1. Thai IT Ministry to block Facebook, CNN, Yahoo Finace, Flickr ect. .

BANGKOK: -- Internet access in Thailand is not always easy, and can be dangerous as well.

Last week the Bangkok post website was listed as an attack site by Google and Fire Fox. Recently the website of Thailand Immigration Bureau was found being reported as an "attack site".

Of their 1376 pages Google tested on the site over the past 90 days, 133 pages resulted in malicious software being downloaded

and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-12-13, and the last time suspicious content was

found on this site was on 2009-12-12. Malicious software on the Immigration website includes 49 exploits, 40 scripting exploits, 32 Trojans.

MICT blocking CNN, Facebook, Yahoo, Flickr for some users/ISP's

On another note, The Ministry of Information and Communication Technology is today blocking websites hosted in USA.

Example of blocked sites as of this morning: edition.cnn.com, facebook.com, finance.yahoo.com, flickr.com

MICT is redirecting the blocked traffic to their website http://mict.go.th, and instead showing a portrait of HM the King of Thailand together with well wishes for His Majesty's birthday.

Depending on the ISP some users do not face the reported problems. Discussion here: Internet forum branch

Using proxy servers and trying to circumvent government blocked websites is a criminal offense in Thailand.

when i ping my www.facebook.com i get 46.82.174.68 which seems to be a dns problem i guess.

i will visit the isp and ask what this is about. what ping number get others when they ping www.facebook.com????

Same with me dude

hi,

no this has nothing to do with governments or control. facebook is a generally used page and if this was true what you say, many people would answer they had the same problem! it truely seems to be a local problem for me and i only have to try to solve my problems. most likely something with firewall settings in modem or some vicious malware.... hopefully i will find it. i have an iphone as well so today i try with wifi on same modem with that phone....

thanks skippie

Problem solved! This is a very uncomfortable situation. i went to see 3bb in their office and i explained about my problems. They said that my modem/router from TP-Link had troubles the last month and need to be reconfigured. i had to reset the modem and do a fresh install. after that they assured me that all is working properly. if i could not do myself i could bring my TP-Link to them and they would do the reconfiguration....

i went home and did NOTHING! a few hours later i could start all websites and everything that was failing on 3 computers for almost 1 month was working fine and without a problem.

how bad to be treated like that by an ISP. They quickly reset my account on their server and after that all was resolved of course. they only do not want to get the bad name and therefore they just say that TP-Link is the culprit. I hate companies like that! i have asked 3BB 3 weeks ago if they could solve my problem but they clearly said that when i could open some webpages it definitely is not their problem!

well anyone having a similar problem go to your ISP and tell them to reset your account. They have a filter active to slow down the use of the internet traffic or they have a error in their dna conversion tables! i send a copy of this message to TP-Link and let them sort out their bad name with 3BB themselves.

thanks for all your help!