Land Transfer Fees In Buriram

I did post this before but I would appreciate any of your opinions on this

Well the wife has just returned from the land office and has informed me that we ,excuse me .I have to pay 30 000 for the land transfer in to her name

In this forum on Pseacraft,s post on a 1 million baht block he paid around 57 000 to the land office

I have 1 rai worth 100 000 so if i use that formula it should only be 1 tenth of pseacrafts tax lets say around 6000 baht

Am i right or not

Wifey says its because the block is on a corner of a main road and a small dirt road

I should sure use some experience here

I doubt that she is trying to extract more from me its just she believes what everybody tells her

In the beginning she was told she would have to pay 80 000 for that 1 rai

Just to add to the confusion she told me a local had 13 rai and paid 80 000 in Tax

Married to a farang of course

Any information or advise please!!!

I did post this before but I would appreciate any of your opinions on this

Well the wife has just returned from the land office and has informed me that we ,excuse me .I have to pay 30 000 for the land transfer in to her name

In this forum on Pseacraft,s post on a 1 million baht block he paid around 57 000 to the land office

I have 1 rai worth 100 000 so if i use that formula it should only be 1 tenth of pseacrafts tax lets say around 6000 baht

Am i right or not

Wifey says its because the block is on a corner of a main road and a small dirt road

I should sure use some experience here

I doubt that she is trying to extract more from me its just she believes what everybody tells her

In the beginning she was told she would have to pay 80 000 for that 1 rai

Just to add to the confusion she told me a local had 13 rai and paid 80 000 in Tax

Married to a farang of course

Any information or advise please!!!

Hi Wozza,

Still having trouble, as i said in the previous post, i also think it would be around 6 to 7000 Baht, i also have land in the same position as yours, and i have never paid nearly the price of the purchase to the land office. crazy.

I would highly advise wife have a male, preferably with a collage degree if not a lawyer, accompany her. Unless they have strong reasons for making the value of the land much higher than she paid there does sound as if something is amiss. Although the payment has increased from the .5% or so that was being charged after the meltdown it should sill be close to the 5% mark I believe. No way 30%. Or have you already improved it with a house? :o

I would highly advise wife have a male, preferably with a collage degree if not a lawyer, accompany her.  Unless they have strong reasons for making the value of the land much higher than she paid there does sound as if something is amiss.  Although the payment has increased from the .5% or so that was being charged after the meltdown it should sill be close to the 5% mark I believe.  No way 30%.  Or have you already improved it with a house? :o

Thanks for your reply and no there is no house or any building on the site

Trying to get the wife to ask questions to the land office is like pulling teeth