Apartments Near Ramkhamhaeng University

skycow

Ok so im looking to start school at Ramkhamhaeng university this November. Im going to be on a strict budget as I will be a full time student and my wife will be finishing school this december and will just starting out working in her field of study. What im wondering is what should I expect to pay for a simple studio apartment in this area. My wifes current apartment near kasetsart university averages about 4k-6k baht including utilities, usually on the higher end when im there due to a/c usage. So any info or a good website would be appreciated although most sites seem more geared toward people with a little more money in their pocket, not so much a student.

I would try Nasa vegas, http://www.nasavegas...tail.asp?h_id=1Its very the uni .5 mins by car.I think the serviced apartments are around 4500 baht per month last time i looked .You will have to contact them direct,as the prices on their web site are for their rooms.Check out the map location ,this will show you the location of their serviced appartments...Hope this helps jap.gif

Edited by aonangmrhuw

I would try Nasa vegas, http://www.nasavegas...tail.asp?h_id=1Its very the uni .5 mins by car.I think the serviced apartments are around 4500 baht per month last time i looked .You will have to contact them direct,as the prices on their web site are for their rooms.Check out the map location ,this will show you the location of their serviced appartments...Hope this helps jap.gif

You sure you have the right place? 4500 a month for a serviced apartment sounds really low and according to their website their cheapest room is 690 a day.

You sure you have the right place? 4500 a month for a serviced apartment sounds really low and according to their website their cheapest room is 690 a day.

I inquired about the price of their apartments so we will see. The apartments and hotel are two seperate buildings I believe from looking at the map as aonangmrhuw stated.

If it is a serviced apartment that does sound like a good deal but idk much about this area as far as prices, that's why im asking. I really only have my wifes current apartment as comparison and that's not a good one because she lives in a completely different area.

I inquired about the price of their apartments so we will see. The apartments and hotel are two seperate buildings I believe from looking at the map as aonangmrhuw stated.

If it is a serviced apartment that does sound like a good deal but idk much about this area as far as prices, that's why im asking. I really only have my wifes current apartment as comparison and that's not a good one because she lives in a completely different area.

That makes more sense. Hopefully there will be more responses but keep us posted. I'm always curious to know how cheap apartments can be got in different areas.

Is there any community internet board for the school? Most students not living at home usually get a roommate or two to help share costs.

This area is littered with accomodation ranging from 1,500 baht up to 10,000+ per month.

The average appears to be about 4,500 per month, I see adverts for places such as Bua Lodge, 390 baht per night or 3,500 per month.

Your main concern should be the cost of electric and water per unit, some places gouge you.

This area is littered with accomodation ranging from 1,500 baht up to 10,000+ per month.

The average appears to be about 4,500 per month, I see adverts for places such as Bua Lodge, 390 baht per night or 3,500 per month.

Your main concern should be the cost of electric and water per unit, some places gouge you.

Yeah electric will be a big part of it considering I love a/c.

Hey luckylew what's ur apt building and what's ur electric bill like?

I checked NASA-VEGAS last year for a friend. The rooms are very small and they add-on charges heavily: TV=B500/mo, Double bed was a lot more. I think electricity was B8/unit, refrigerator; somewhere between B500-1000/Mo.

I remember figuring that with a fridge, TV and using a.c. at night it would be about B8000++/mo.

Rhamkamheng Rd becomes Sukhumvit 71 after crossing Petchabury Rd. Many, many reasonable apartments and rooms the length of '71.

I live in an older building off Suk. 71, soi 16. Asean Tower. Large studio rooms, 45/sq.M start at B3500. Many buses stop right at the soi that go to the university.

PM me if you are interested and I show you around.

Phatanakharn Rd. (turn left at the lights instead of straight onto 71) also has has a plethora of inexpensive rooms and apartments.

Edited by dddave

How do you pm someone on this forum? I wont be in BKK till october but I would like to see what ur apartment looks like or even the name. My wife isn't to much into shopping for a place so ill be making the choice shortly after I arive. Also what should I expect to pay per unit? My wife says she is currently paying 6 baht per.

Edited by skycow

Skycow,

To send a PM, just click on my username. That will bring up a profile with an option to send a message.

I will be happy to show you around this area. If your wife is Thai, she will be of great assistance in looking for a place as she can read the "For Rent" signs that dot the area.

It can be very advantageous to rent a Condo from an owner rather than an apartment from the building management. Many apartment buildings are mixed as is mine: some units are individually owned and some are rentals. Condo owners can buy their power directly from the Electrical Authority; about B3/unit. Apartment renters must get power thru the building and managers are free to mark the rate up as high as they want to. The norm is about B5-B6/unit but some go up as high as B10. That can make a huge difference if you use a.c.

Feel free to contact me.

You also have to be clear on what you expect from a "studio"... meaning Thai or western style...

Most of the 3-5000 baht per month rooms I've seen around Ram are just that... pretty much a square four walls with a tiny shower enclosure and sink in one of the corners... A lot without air con... Those with air con priced higher, of course. No built-in closets. They're built and maintained for single students or pairs of students sharing...

I'm not saying that style is the only style of rooms available around the area, because of course it's not. But given the proximity to the university, that style seems to be what's in abundance.

• 1 month later...

i'm a student at abac, which is right next door basically. i live in this area as well, paying 4500 a month for a furnished room. the rooms arent decorated to western standards, but with an investment of a few thousand baht you can get the place to look pretty nice. if you want more info about life here, being in a budget etc. just message me.