Relocating To Chiang Mai

pluto_manibo

I am relocating to Chiang Mai within the next 2 months and would like recommendations on best ISPs'(fast internet access(5mb) is a must and nice areas to live in. I am looking at Doi Saket, Mae Rim, San Sai and Hang Dong areas. We would like to settle about 20-30 minutes max out of town in natural surroundings with a bit of space, minimum ammenities would be appreciated(atms, market, restaurants, shops). I am familiar with Chiang Mai city but I am absolutely clueless about the suburbs. Any reputable real estate sites or should I just go solo and scout on my own? Thanks ;)

Have you thought about Moo Baans out along the 1317 new Sankamphaeng road, several there. One I suggest you look at is Naifaan 4 ( there is a website. ) A new Central is being built at Don Chan so an easy ride into a shopping area ,it's about 20 minutes into the airport and maybe 30 into the centre of town. As far as ISPs, they vary depending where you are, I've got TOT ( nominal) 6Mb and am reasonably satisfied,I can download 600 Mb from the UK in about 1 hour . Others have 3 BB and get fast speeds, it all depends on exactly where you choose to live and the time of day.

Edited by msg362

I am out on that 1317 and it is super speedy to get into town and access the ring roads.. The only slow zone is entering the city from the east on the old san kampeang rd. We are on a good moobaan (I dont like moobaans and so have just bought 5 rai as I need some space) with decent fast internet (I am online 18 hours a day and must have reliable net to work.. Having a second line fitted for fail safe) with TOT 6Mbit clocking in a full 4.5 Mbit international speeds.

While I like the look of Mae Rim region the access from the North into the city seems far more congested. I wasnt impressed with the saraphi direction but do like the Hang Dong and Canal Rd areas a lot. I ended up buying further out on Canal Rd.

Theres a bunch of moobaans on the canal Rd I would look at, Emperor etc.. I also like the Baang Waan Tan moobaan, nearly took a plot on there.

Its all about balance, the combination of distance from town, plot size, price etc.. Very personal choice really.

High Speed internet access is difficult especially outside of the city. Even in an area it depends on exactly where you are. I live in Maerim which is a eautiful area and use a businness scheme with TOT, the speed is mostly not bad but I don't call it fast, it is about 2MG.I could pay more and get a faster speed but it is OK for me.