Pattaya Garage

prefabs

After driving for 5 years here, got a minor bumper scrape in a car park. Chap was extremely decent, both insurance companies arrived and my insurance guy told me I must take my vehicle to the Pattaya Garage for repair. His English was not too good, but from what I can make out, the Pattaya Garage is on Sukhumvit some way past BKK Pattaya hospital. I tried to find it last night, but everything was closed. Does anyone have a better idea of where it is?

My car is in there at the moment if it's the same one. Go north on Sukhumvit about 2 to 3 kilometers past Bangkok Pattaya hospital and it's immediately after the lights at the T junction for Crockodile Farm Road and just before the pedestrian bridge over the Sukhumvit. Thereis a Thai Commercial bank just before it.

My car is in there at the moment if it's the same one. Go north on Sukhumvit about 2 to 3 kilometers past Bangkok Pattaya hospital and it's immediately after the lights at the T junction for Crockodile Farm Road and just before the pedestrian bridge over the Sukhumvit. Thereis a Thai Commercial bank just before it.

Thanks for the very prompt reply, much appreciated

The one you describe is Rung Anant,and advised to stay far away from,as your car will be repaired with steel wires and sprayed with the cheapest paint available in Thailand.

Pattaya garage is one of the better car body shops in the area and is located at the same side of the road,but about 300 meters BEFORE the traffic lights.You will see an advertising board from Glassurit paints near the road and they have a parking lot,while Rung Anant is so close to the road that they need to repair the cars while parked on Sukhumvit.

The place is called Runganan Car Service, is situated about 60 yards north of Siam Commercial Bank and the premises are painted a dark shade of green. I have dealt with Anan the owner who speaks very good English for 10 years and they do a first class job with no hidden extras. He arranges my comprehensive insurance too and takes my elderly but still functional truck for it's annual test. E-mail is [email protected] and telephone numbers 038427437 and 0819135517. Tell him you are friend of 'Sexy Man' and watch for the smile and shake of the head.

A friend of a friend bought a wreck of an old Mercedes and wanted a total rebuild. I advised him to take it to Anan which he did and when he returned from a 6 month stint in Aussie returned to find he was the owner of a dream car. He said the bill was extremely reasonable and had expected top pay much more.

Pattaya Garage is indeed about 300m BEFORE traffic lights and you can spot it by the large arch shaped roof that extends behind it where all the work is done. It is NOT easy to spot from the road as it has a very narrow driveway down to the main workshop. I have not driven down that part of Sukhumvit for a while but it used to be easier to spot as there are large patches of undeveloped land either side of the group of some ten shophouses of which its a part. Hence you could see the arched roof extending out the back, but if something is now built on land before it - you have probably no chance of seeing the roof. I would concur with other posters - I have had much better results from Pattaya Garage than the other place mentioned. Much more highly regarded however they have little to no English speaking staff.