Tv Channels

bungarra

Australia Network has AFL and V8 car racing. It is available FTA on a couple of satellites and in a couple of other satellite packages. Check with your local satellite guy - if in Bangkok that will Jsat. Their website jsat.tv has all the details.

Australia Network is 'free to air' on most cable networks at about 3,000 Baht a year so no need for expensive satellite dish installations or TrueVisions subscriptions if you don't want more.

hi, i live in the sticks so this doesnt help me. do you know please of any thai satellite that i can get aus. network from. i live in the north east. many thanks in advance for your help.

by the way its no good asking thai satellite shops if i can get it as they all say yes even though they dont know. if i ask can i look around for the station aus network on their system, i am told no. "you have to buy and look alone."

so basically cant believe a word that comes out of their mouths. thanks.

I'm sure you can buy a PSI system for around 3,000 baht and get it set to Asiasat 3, this gives you an Australian channel mostly old stuff (sorry can't remember the name, Asia News in English, Lotus movie channel in English, Al Jazeera English, V TV music videos and a few German, French Chines channels.

I'm sure you can buy a PSI system for around 3,000 baht and get it set to Asiasat 3, this gives you an Australian channel mostly old stuff (sorry can't remember the name, Asia News in English, Lotus movie channel in English, Al Jazeera English, V TV music videos and a few German, French Chines channels.

hmmm, i cant see Australia Network on Asiasat 3... think it has never been there.

http://www.lyngsat.com/asia3s.html

but on position 166 East. intelsat 8 on C-Band.

http://www.lyngsat.com/intel8.html

you can get the channel: Australia Network Asia

Enjoy.

hmmm, i cant see Australia Network on Asiasat 3... think it has never been there.

Enjoy.

Ask your local PSI shop to install a fixed 8' dish on intelsat 8 @ 166e as mentioned above and the Australia Network is on there along with Radio Australia (5 satellite radio channels). There is no need for a smart card anymore so any PSI set top box will work on it.

However if you opt for the AN which is over our heads on Intelsat 7/10 @68.5e you will need their free smart card but this card will not work with any of PSI set top boxes.

Note these set top boxes will only do SD so you will not see any of the newer HD / MP4 channels.

Edited by jsat

I wondered if someone in this section of TV would have a more technical knowledge of cable TV channels than I do?

I have noticed that the local cable TV companies in Thailand ( for example Sophon Cable in Pattaya and WETV in Chiang Mai )

seem to carry the same type of channels which are totally different from the channels on TRUE. This is great for me because not only are the local providers significantly cheaper but more importantly they actually provide

the channels I want to see. For example channels such as Australian network, universal Asia, Fox News, Al Jazeera etc.

So presumably the local channels are all receiving their feed from a common source?

So my question is if example I was living in a small city such as Lopburi where there wouldn't be any local cable TV providers,

would there be any way that I would be able to receive the same channels through some independent means even if I had to buy my own satellite dish?

Edited by midas

Enjoy.

Ask your local PSI shop to install a fixed 8' dish on intelsat 8 @ 166e as mentioned above and the Australia Network is on there along with Radio Australia (5 satellite radio channels). There is no need for a smart card anymore so any PSI set top box will work on it.

However if you opt for the AN which is over our heads on Intelsat 7/10 @68.5e you will need their free smart card but this card will not work with any of PSI set top boxes.

Note these set top boxes will only do SD so you will not see any of the newer HD / MP4 channels.

hi, i currently have dtv. i got it cause it did have aus. network and then they just turned it off for no reason. i paid a 3 monthly subscription. do you know if i can put it back on manually ?

regards in advance for all your feedback.

:jap:

hi, i currently have dtv. i got it cause it did have aus. network and then they just turned it off for no reason. i paid a 3 monthly subscription. do you know if i can put it back on manually ?

regards in advance for all your feedback.

:jap:

Not much you do when it is gone off the satellite, manual or otherwise. Other than change satellite, which might be the only solution.

With your DTV system you could move the dish to the K+ network on Vinsat which is currently showing Australia Network free to air, but this will not last too long I suspect and you will need a new set top box and dish electronics to do it.

I have noticed that the local cable TV companies in Thailand ( for example Sophon Cable in Pattaya and WETV in Chiang Mai )

seem to carry the same type of channels which are totally different from the channels on TRUE. This is great for me because not only are the local providers significantly cheaper but more importantly they actually provide

the channels I want to see. For example channels such as Australian network, universal Asia, Fox News, Al Jazeera etc.

So presumably the local channels are all receiving their feed from a common source?

Common source indeed but on different satellites;

1. Australian Network = Intelsat 8 - free to view

2. Universial Asia - Apstar 2r - subscription based to commercial operators

3. Fox News - Asiasat 3s and IS 8 - subscription based to commercial operators

4. Al Jazeera English - IS7/10 & Asiasat 3S - free to view

etc etc

Look at http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html which will give you more ideas of what is free and what is not, but this is an indication only as it changes daily.