• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Any Open Stage Jams Here?

DocW

Hi. Just wondering if there is any open stage jam sessions going on here any more like the one they used to have on soi 6 in jomtien a while back?

I know it's getting harder in Thailand for jams in places like Chiang Mai but anyone know about in Pattaya these days?

If anyone does know of any can you please give a little instructions or an idea of where abouts they are and not just the name of the bar please.

I know it's getting harder in Thailand for jams in places like Chiang Mai

Yes, as it's illegal, why do you wan't to do it? :unsure:

Well thanks for your non-opinion however when the Bristol Bar on soi 6 Jomtien was doing it they had the special permit to allow this. Just so you are informed a little more about Thailand's laws: Certain Bars, Restraunts etc can get a permit for this but if the bar hasn't got it THEN it is ilegal, Hence the reason in my OP I asked about LEGAL places with jams.

Phil and Aussiechick thanks for the positive feedback and yeah I am aware of that jam and will be there this sunday. I know the "Tom's." Was just wondering if there might be anything else happening around the jam scene these days.

Well thanks for your non-opinion however when the Bristol Bar on soi 6 Jomtien was doing it they had the special permit to allow this. Just so you are informed a little more about Thailand's laws: Certain Bars, Restraunts etc can get a permit for this but if the bar hasn't got it THEN it is ilegal, Hence the reason in my OP I asked about LEGAL places with jams.

Phil and Aussiechick thanks for the positive feedback and yeah I am aware of that jam and will be there this sunday. I know the "Tom's." Was just wondering if there might be anything else happening around the jam scene these days.

Would this "special permit" be Tea Money to the right persons? :rolleyes:

Edited by raro
quote marks fixes

Would this "special permit" be Tea Money to the right persons? :rolleyes:

Actually no - you only have to go to City Hall and explain it is for Charity (which one) and they will give you a special permit as stated.

Also to have a band play for the night - just application at Police Station and it is allowed -cost between Baht 500 - 1000. Not difficult to do!

AC

Edited by raro
quote marks fixed

Obviously some sort of mix up with the quotes. :)

fixed B)

As an active member of the Pattaya music scene...there are a bunch of places around town where jamming is possible. From the top of my head:

- Leo's Blues Bar in Nakluea Soi 18 (mostly Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays)

- Blues Factory in Walking Street (on Sundays)

- Green Tree, Beach Road, Corner to Soi 1 (Sundays)

Then there are countless bars all over the place that would allow you to go on stage and play some songs. I'd like to add here that one band a couple of years ago tried to pull the jet ski scam on me and wanted me to pay a hilarious amount for a scratch I allegedly made on the guitar. I had a laugh at the guy, paid the bill and left.

Those who are interested in becoming active as a musician in Pattaya, please contact me. Most wanted are keyboarders and drummers, but any other instrument is of course more than welcome!

Have fun! B)

Actually no - you only have to go to City Hall and explain it is for Charity (which one) and they will give you a special permit as stated.

Yawn.. sounds just like the reassurances I got as a Tourist Police Volunteer that I didn't have to worry about a work permit because the police head honcho said I didn't have to worry...

If someone tells you that a cyanide pill is really an M&Ms, do you believe them???

Simon