Is Well Tap Water Acidic, Or Alkaline?

Wrong Turn

Thank you.

Will buy ph test papers ASAP.

I suspect your water is acidic but it depends how much. Healthy pH for humans is 7.2, less is acidic, more alkaline. I recently had a ourifying machine installed, and the engineer showed me the water was 6.0 beforehand and 8.0 after.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

Bill Z

Thank you.

Will buy ph test papers ASAP.

I suspect your water is acidic but it depends how much. Healthy pH for humans is 7.2, less is acidic, more alkaline. I recently had a ourifying machine installed, and the engineer showed me the water was 6.0 beforehand and 8.0 after.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

Bill Z

Clarification:

The pH of the blood and cellular fluids is always 7.35 - 7.45 unless you are so critically ill as to be near death.

Nothing you eat or drink will change this.

The pH of the stomach when empty is around 1.0. Anything you can eat or drink will raise ("alkalize") that.

The pH of water by itself (pure water) is always 7.0.

The presence of various minerals and other substances can raise or lower this. While there can be other health concerns related to the presence of various chemicals in drinking water, their effect on the pH of the water is not one of them. However the presence of a low pH in water (i.e. less than 6.5) does raise the possibility of unhealthy levels of things such as lead, iron, copper etc. abd warrants further investigation or treatment of the water.

• 4 weeks later...

You can't test the PH of water with PH paper, that is only for urine/saliva PH

You need a PH meter for water

Ph of well water is the last thing I would be concerned about initially. Well water tends to be contaminated, coming up from the ground and who knows what is around it in that area. And there is no flow as in a river/stream so the water sits there and is never a good idea for water to do that.

3 choices: Lab test the water to be shocked to see what is in it.

By a water distiller machine to 'boil' the water before drinking it which will remove the impurities and give you clean drinking water, about ph neutral.

Buy bottled water (which you want to distill also)