Considering A 1 Year Stint In Los

muldoon

For someone who earns so much with so little common sense he deserves to be fleeced a soon as he steps off the plane, I have never heard such rubbis does anyone who really earns at this level spend it all on pointless luxury living without reinvesting/saving a bean. me thinks not. Troll!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone who earns so much with so little common sense he deserves to be fleeced a soon as he steps off the plane, I have never heard such rubbis does anyone who really earns at this level spend it all on pointless luxury living without reinvesting/saving a bean. me thinks not. Troll!

For someone with so much knowledge of a person's financial affairs who he/she has never met, you would think they would now how to post on a web board correctly :o

For someone with so much knowledge of a person's financial affairs who he/she has never met, you would think they would now how to post on a web board correctly :o

Like I said, even the cynical posts have value.If I mix in any expat circles when I'm there, I will be extremely hesitant to mention anything of a personal nature, given how easily it seems to stir some expats represented on this forum.

I merely stated by monthly budget so I could get accurate feedback, without providing that information, the feedback would have not have been as accurate as I desire.I'm sorry if that offends some of you, but I couldn't think of any other way to put the initial question.

I specifically want to spend some time in LOS because it is my heritage.I am a thai national and so is my wife and neither of us have really spent a great deal of time there.Yes we do like our creature comforts, each to their own.

Thanks to all those who provided useful information...I SINCERELY appreciate it.

And thanks to Steve for taking the time to PM me.

Later.

Hi muldoon,

How old are you? How are you going to work or buy property in Thailand? Have you already done military draft? Or did you bribe them?

I am mid-thirties.

I dont want to buy property in Thailand.

I work remotely(laptop,internet,phone) and have passsive income sources.

I am unsure about the military draft, I haven't been to Thailand for a long time, and even then I entered on my NZL passport. What are the draft laws ?

Again thanks to the responders..if and when I come I'll pm those who helped out, and if you are in BKK,I would be more than happy to take you guys out for a nice meal and a few beers to show my gratitiude.

Hi muldoon,

How old are you? How are you going to work or buy property in Thailand? Have you already done military draft? Or did you bribe them?

I am mid-thirties.

I am unsure about the military draft, I haven't been to Thailand for a long time, and even then I entered on my NZL passport. What are the draft laws ?

Again thanks to the responders..if and when I come I'll pm those who helped out, and if you are in BKK,I would be more than happy to take you guys out for a nice meal and a few beers to show my gratitiude.

Ahhh! A Kiwi. That figures!

I'm suprised no one has asked you the following question, muldoon... would you adopt me? I am in my mid-twenties, university educated, have a good job, have dual citizenship and speak, read and write decent Thai. In return I will care for you and your wife in your old age, will not marry anyone you deem to be unsuitable, take care of all administrative arrangements so that neither of you want for anything and provide you with many beautiful and smart tri-lingual grandchildren to be proud of.

Joke aside, you should come to Bangkok and see for yourself what you want out of it. Expats who are using these boards are living so many different lifestyles in so many locations for different reasons that their opinions of what a good lifestyle is will vary. It's all subjective.

Hi muldoon,

I am mid-thirties.

Ahhh! A Kiwi. That figures!

A whole year withour sheep. :o

The Dude thinks that this Muldood dude is a fisherman. He is out on his fishing vessel trolling round for some catch.

No, you are utterly incorrect. My simple, polite questions are 100% genuine.My only motive is to obtain information by asking questions.

Can anyone give me info about this military draft ?

With all due respect to Muldoon, I find it extraordinary that someone who:

1) Is a Thai citizen

2) Has a Thai wife

3) Has 91 posts on thai visa and has obviously been a member for a while . .

. . . . . feels the need to ask if a million baht is enough to live on in Bangkok.

The original Muldoon was known as a Kiwi Prime Minister famous for living with his head up his arse; I suspect our muldoon has taken some lessons from him.

1) Is a Thai citizen

2) Has a Thai wife

. . .  . . feels the need to ask if a million baht is enough to live on in Bangkok.

The original Muldoon was known as a Kiwi Prime Minister famous for living with his head up his arse; I suspect our muldoon has taken some lessons from him.

Don't tell me you are a kaftan wearing Labour/green voter? :o The orig Muldoon was at one time Pres of the World Bank and a very good PM that tried to look after his country.He only started to go down hill in the last part of his term in office."head up his own arse" would describe you, not him.

Edited by chuchok

1) Is a Thai citizen

2) Has a Thai wife

. . .  . . feels the need to ask if a million baht is enough to live on in Bangkok.

I have nationality by descent...my knowledge of thailand is about the same as your average tourist.

My wife is in a similar boat.

I asked whether my budget would fit my requirements, a specific question...this is different from asking "can you live on x amount", a generic question. Do you know the difference between specific and generic ?

Yes I have been a member for while.Maybe I should have known better to use the search function.

Why do you get so distressed when someones asks simple polite questions ? If you can't help, wouldn't it be easier just to not reply ?

Don't worry about all the snide comments Muldoon. It's just jelousy.

A few people on this forum don't seem to realise that there are a lot of folk out there that regard 1 million baht a month as "beer money". All power to them, I say.

Have met a few of the super-rich in Phuket, and shock! Horror! They are nice, ordinary people just like everybody else

I think every one should be calm down a little over this. In New York ro Los Angeles my student tell me 1 million baht one month is middle class salary, not really rich. Ususally really rich people like to live quiet lifestyle, many drive inexpensive car, not want to have headache of driver. people without too much education, first generation are ones who buy "luxury" things, maybe just throwing money away to try to impress someone.

I think this man should not come to Thailand unless he want to do do something interesting here, like start some clever business that will bring lot of work to country people or work 12 hours every day to help some good project or be monk. Otherwise maybe just wasting time and getting himslef in trouble so he wish he never came here.

Only stupid people think stupid people can't be rich... :o

Patex

:D:D:D

:D

This statement is so bloody.....true! And funny!!

Sorry, Muldoon, no offense.

The statement can be true,but why would you apologise to Muldoon for. :D

I see you didn't use a question mark I guess you know the answer? :D