Car Hire In Pattaya

ruds

You aren't clear. Do you want just a car, or car and driver?

Since he does not mention a driver I would assume he want a car only.

A few of the expats at my work rent through Holiday Car Rent, they are decent, infact one guy removed the front of his rental a few weeks back and he rang them up they came out to the accident and gave him another car.

Okay, try:

Avis Thailand

Budget Thailand

Chalee Car Rent

DV Car Rental Pattaya

Holiday Rent a Car

Pattaya Car rent

Unity

Q Cars Rentals

Google is your friend, just Google, "car hire pattaya". There are too many more to list.

Be very careful with Budget I rented from them used my Visa card as deposit and paid in cash. They then charged my visa card. As luck would have it I had all the paper work. Sent copies to Visa and they didn't get paid. Next time I wanted to rent a car used them again just to see if it was a mistake or they were at it. And would you believe it the same thing happened. I went to their place with the paper's and had a big set about they even got the man that had delivered the car and whom I paid, it had his signature on the bottom so he had no get out. I wanted to call the police but I was assured that he would be dealt with serverely 6 month's later I spotted him still working there. When he saw me he ran round the back. Bunch of con artist's if you ask me.

Okay, try:

Avis Thailand

Budget Thailand

Chalee Car Rent

DV Car Rental Pattaya

Holiday Rent a Car

Pattaya Car rent

Unity

Q Cars Rentals

Google is your friend, just Google, "car hire pattaya". There are too many more to list.

Be very careful with Budget I rented from them used my Visa card as deposit and paid in cash. They then charged my visa card. As luck would have it I had all the paper work. Sent copies to Visa and they didn't get paid. Next time I wanted to rent a car used them again just to see if it was a mistake or they were at it. And would you believe it the same thing happened. I went to their place with the paper's and had a big set about they even got the man that had delivered the car and whom I paid, it had his signature on the bottom so he had no get out. I wanted to call the police but I was assured that he would be dealt with serverely 6 month's later I spotted him still working there. When he saw me he ran round the back. Bunch of con artist's if you ask me.

This was Pattaya? where is their branch here?

JH

Scandanavian Car Hire...I have no affiliation - just a satisfied customer.

Full insurance. They are always very thorough when logging previous damage/scuffs etc that gives you peace of mind and you can photo them your self if you want.

Jomtien. Left side coming down the hill on the newly re-surfaced (but soon to be washed out )Thrappaya Road.

Half way between Theprasit Junction and the TMB Bank.

1,000 Bhats a day gets you a Yaris or a Vios with Auto gear box.....handy for those who have no concept of "stick shifts".

:jap:

I was told that if you rent a car and it has RED number plates on it, you could only drive the car between the hours of 6AM and 6PM?

I asked the ISUZU dealer in Lop Buri if this was correct as a friend of mine had hired a car and it had red plates on it. They said the car would not be insured after 6PM if he had an accident.

The dealer confirmed what I had been told.

Can anyone confirm or repute this information.

I was told that if you rent a car and it has RED number plates on it, you could only drive the car between the hours of 6AM and 6PM?

I asked the ISUZU dealer in Lop Buri if this was correct as a friend of mine had hired a car and it had red plates on it. They said the car would not be insured after 6PM if he had an accident.

They are correct.

Red license plate cars are only allowed to be used between sun rise and sun set and only in the province of registration.

Nobody really cares ( almost nobody that is )when you are using the car outside those hours but it will be a problem for your insurance in case something happens.

They are correct.

Red license plate cars are only allowed to be used between sun rise and sun set and only in the province of registration.

Nobody really cares ( almost nobody that is )when you are using the car outside those hours but it will be a problem for your insurance in case something happens.

What I've heard, is that there are 2 kinds of Red Plates. 1 kind from the dealer and 1 from the DLT.

If you got Red Plates from the dealer, you are only allowed to drive in the province they are issued for and between 6am and 6pm

The Red plates from the DLT (you pay a deposit for them (around 3-4000 Baht)) are issued with a book, in this book you have to write down each trip you are taking (ONLY needed when you travel outside your own province) and also with the DLT issued Red plates you are not restricted to the 6am-6pm time frame.

Edit 13:20 Poor spelling

Edited by MJCM

They are correct.

What I've heard, is that there are 2 kinds of Red Plates. 1 kind from the dealer and 1 from the DLT.

If you got Red Plates from the dealer, you are only allowed to drive in the province they are issued for and between 6am and 6pm

The Red plates from the DLT (you pay a deposit for them (around 3-4000 Baht)) are issued with a book, in this book you have to write down each trip you are taking (ONLY needed when you travel outside your own province) and also with the DLT issued Red plates you are not restricted to the 6am-6pm time frame.

Edit 13:20 Poor spelling

Legal redplates come with a brown A5 size book. Vehicle info and trip info needs to be recorded for each trip out of Province. One is not supposed to use vehicle in the dark, but I have never seen this enforced. Out of province is accepted for recorded trip in brown book.

Red plates can be used legally for max 30 days/3.000km from vehicles 1st Insurance/delivery date. By displaying tripmeter only and at max 3.000km, this should solve any police milage accusation

In addition dealers provide illegal red plates without DLT brown trip log book. To be avoided