True 3G Performs Better

muratremix

I'm getting 4Mbit+ (Sometimes 5.5Mbit+ ) with True 3G (Not True H) nowadays. Before I never saw over 3.5 Mbit in best case scenario and that doesn't apply to my place of residence. In Asok and around (Nana etc) I wasn't happy with True 3G speed, today I tested it while having foot massage. I'm suprised with 110 ms ping (200ms+ before) to Bangkok server and 5.5 Mbit/s DL. At home, I got 4Mbit speed which is still very good.

However, upload speeds are still like a joke, but atleast download speeds are better than before, that is something!

I think True is more than acceptable for a typical smartphone user/application. Personally I find DTAC to be a bit better, cost/price/package/performance, but only in metro-Bangkok.

First image is True 3G, second image is DTAC 3G; in torrential rain, within the last 10 minutes, same location South Ploenchit.

(Of course these speedtest results are pretty worthless, a bit like sticking your hand out the window, feeling rain and assuming it is raining 7/24/365. Maybe better to judge overall performance over months of usage?)

post-9615-0-20912100-1315057113_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-68415800-1315057130_thumb.jp

True is ranked #1 for BKK and upcountry for 3G as they have the largest network. DTAC is still a very distant second ( only really works down town, drops like hell in the mid to outer regions of BKK ). AIS is behind DTAC..........

I have seen some massive changes last week w True network- speed is upwards of 4MB, and going home from down town i can call on skype to oz, all the way down bangna and my call does not drop........

dont know what they did, but its like night to day over just 2 weeks.

Edited by skippybangkok

• 3 months later...

hello, ibought net sim and usd modem

there was 3 hour 3g and 15 hours edge/gprs

now 3g is over and i cant use edge. true program connect, seems like everything is fine( download , upload)

windows internet connection also show that internet is availible

but pages doesn't load, skype too... like internet is not availible

what's wrong? thanks