Wellpoints

T_Dog

I know most people in Thailand just fabricate their own wellpoints or sandpoints for water wells, but I am hoping someone has seen a store selling them near Chiang Mai. If you have seen these for sale, please let me know where. All help appreciated.

Thai Pipe Industry (a Siam Cement company) make slotted and spiral slotted well screens if PVC is strong enough for your purpose. They have a depot at Lamphun but any of the major pipe retailers in Chiangmai should be able to order them for you. Have a look at the specifications here. If you need to drive the well points, I often see ones about one metre long in hardware store made out of perforated iron pipe with something similar to insect screen wrapped around them and a metal drive point.

What length and diameter do you need?

Thai Pipe Industry (a Siam Cement company) make slotted and spiral slotted well screens if PVC is strong enough for your purpose. They have a depot at Lamphun but any of the major pipe retailers in Chiangmai should be able to order them for you. Have a look at the specifications here. If you need to drive the well points, I often see ones about one metre long in hardware store made out of perforated iron pipe with something similar to insect screen wrapped around them and a metal drive point.

What length and diameter do you need?

The latter perforated iron pipe is exactly what I am looking for. What hardware store did you see it at? I'm looking for 2 inch.

Thanks for the specs on the slotted PVC. I did not know they made this here. Good to know.