Jump to content

Studying On A Tourist Visa?

Recommended Posts


I was told I only need a tourist visa to come to Thailand and study Thai Massage for 5 weeks... is this true?

It seems wrong because the visa application strongly words that a 60 day single entry tourist visa is only for tourism - but at the same time it's for 5 weeks, it's not that I'll be studying full time.

Can anyone advise me which is best? The massage school told me I only need a tourist visa - but I'd just like some clarification! I can't really afford to get kicked out :)

Many thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do not tell your new best friend what you are doing, and donot spread on the internet. Loose lips sinks ships

It is 100% legal to study whilst on a Tourist Visa.

Thanks again everyone! I feel much more confident now :)

I had my doubts because of horror stories from travelers going to the US and Australia with wrong visas, and literally getting turned away upon arrival... grim...


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...