Massage / Spa In Jua Hin

stgrhe

Since moving to Hua Hin three years ago I have tried quite a few massage places, outside of the luxury hotels that is, but never really found a good one. Although most are not too bad, with Nicha at Chomsin road probably the best thus far, all using self-trained staff, I have missed the quality of someone who has been well trained like those of Khon Kaen Ram Hospital from the time when I lived up north.

Yesterday, I tied yet another one, the Laraveespa Spa (they also refer to themselves as Suay Lerts Cherd Huay) at Petchkasem Road next to AXA's office. These ladies were really good and I will call on them again next time. A two hour Thai massage cost 450 baht and it was very good value for the service.

They do have a website too: http://www.spasuaylertscherdruay.com/

Note! Beware of their special offer of becoming a member. For a fee of 5,000 baht they would give you 5% discount. I typically go for a massage twice a month and with a fee of 450 baht per session it would take me eight years before break-even. I suggested to the owner to redo the calculation.

Note! Beware of their special offer of becoming a member. For a fee of 5,000 baht they would give you 5% discount. I typically go for a massage twice a month and with a fee of 450 baht per session it would take me eight years before break-even. I suggested to the owner to redo the calculation.

This is not a fee! You pay in advance and receive a 5% discount for every massage. So for THB 5,000 in advance you have about one 450-massage for free.

I also can recommend their service. The personal has really some medical background and can apply special massages for healing special pain. If you don't see the AXA sign - the spa is just near the Bank of Ayudhya. There is a parking lot near-by (south of the bank).

We too we use to go in Nicha at Chomsin Road! Always happy about.

After 4 years in Hua Hin and having tryed a lot os Spa's (from Anantara to the street shops) i think Nicha is the best valued spa in Hua Hin, talking of street shops, clean, professional terapists, simpatic and smiling.

Of course is not luxury leveled like Anantara, but it cost ten time less :jap:

This august we went there 3-4 time per week and they used to make discount being there so often. We appreciated very much of course.

Also they was really very kind with our baby, always babysitting her during our stayng.

Our favourite massage is the feet massage 1,5 hour (who include 1 hour feet massage and half an hour back and shoulders massage), i think priced at 500 thb.

Last week they put outside of the door two big water pools with thousand of little fishes for "fish massage", onestly i don't like this and also i think is potentially dangerous... but seems to attract people.

Next time i'll try the one you talked :jap:

:jap:

^ I don't remember where right now, but I did read something a while ago when it was first becoming popular about the possibility of disease being transmitted from one customer to another through either the fish themselves (I think they actually eat dead skin off of your feet) or the water. If I find it again I'll link to it. Maybe it was just an opinion and not fact though.

Edit: I just read where it's banned in 15 states in the U.S. and here's an article about the risks. They're thinking of banning it in the UK, but it looks like it may be just over worries so far, no proof.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2011/02/28/experts-shocking-warning-dont-let-fish-chew-on-your-feet/

Edited by hhfarang

Not sure about the fish massage,being dangerous ?

Any views ?

Here in Italy was a kind of fashion a few years ago, but after a few time the local health autorities stopped this practice sayng it was potentially dangerous because the high bacteric charge in the water (fishes lives there eating and...) could infect small injuries...

Is not my job so i can only report what i heard... but i don't like also

:jap: