Air Bag

wandrinstar

A 2 year old,just 4 Door Isuzu fully loaded with all the idiot aids,fell into the trees at 70 kph ish. Lady in hospital ,glass in face, no seat belt,Airbags didn't go off. If it was my wife i would be well angry, What the hell happened ?., it was quite a prang, it took the tree out and crumpled the front real good.Any Comments from Air Baggie Fans.

Sounds like it/they didn't work, if I was them I would sue Isuzu for hospital bills and permanent damage (scars) for say 10 mill bath, hell no make it 20mill :D

Well if they work is maybe 90-95% of the cases (I don't know) then the odds are pretty good.

A friend of mine totaled his wife's new City and he did got the airbag up in his face and saved him from going to the hospital- or worse. Wife got a new City, insurance paid, husband no longer allowed to drive it, he-he.

guzzi the air baggie fan ;)

Yeah, i was expecting some stupid Belt comment . Human nature tends to work that way. Oh its got Bags, i'm not going far, are we not all guilty sometimes . ?. Didn't know a City had Bags. Cruze recons it ain't got brakes or suspension..!!.. The Thai husband doesn't seem surprised they didn't go off..So no one as yet has heard a No Blow incident . No pics only seen the tree, id have guessed it should have blown, but Ive never had the experience fortunately. I sometimes wonder if all these Gizmoes give us False Security, i only fell of my Bike once,never relaxed after that .. Not Biting MRO. Chevy don't make the Bags .:jap::)

Fell into the trees? I don' think the airbags work when falling that should have been up to the parachute accessory to stop her in that case :lol: .. Anyway when I saw the topic I thought it was in the wrong forum and should have been another wife complaint thread in the lounge :whistling: .. Some Somchai probably disconnected it thinking she was too short and it was dangerous as she might break her neck :rolleyes: ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yeah, i was expecting some stupid Belt comment . Human nature tends to work that way. Oh its got Bags, i'm not going far, are we not all guilty sometimes . ?. Didn't know a City had Bags. Cruze recons it ain't got brakes or suspension..!!.. The Thai husband doesn't seem surprised they didn't go off..So no one as yet has heard a No Blow incident . No pics only seen the tree, id have guessed it should have blown, but Ive never had the experience fortunately. I sometimes wonder if all these Gizmoes give us False Security, i only fell of my Bike once,never relaxed after that .. Not Biting MRO. Chevy don't make the Bags .:jap::)

expect the airbags are not activated as long as red seatbelt light is on, that is seat loaded but not belted. Very fortunate in this case as airbags would have kicked her back in the seat providing major whiplash or broken neck

front airbags can increase safety level only in combo with seatbelt. without seatbelt they can cause major damage, usually to neck and/or spine.

expect the airbags are not activated as long as red seatbelt light is on, that is seat loaded but not belted. Very fortunate in this case as airbags would have kicked her back in the seat providing major whiplash or broken neck

front airbags can increase safety level only in combo with seatbelt. without seatbelt they can cause major damage, usually to neck and/or spine.

Hmmm is that manufacturer specific or some new feature? Never heard of that before, there have been plenty of past accidents where they worked without seat belts, the most notable was Di's accident and Trevor Rees Jones bag worked in spite of him not being belted..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Hmmm is that manufacturer specific or some new feature? Never heard of that before, there have been plenty of past accidents where they worked without seat belts, the most notable was Di's accident and Trevor Rees Jones bag worked in spite of him not being belted..

as i recall Euro NAPCAP introduced extra points for rear seatbelt warning lights and deactivated airbags when seatbelt not used, at the same time, both pushed by Volvo. Both solutions very cheap and effective.

Not Biting MRO

Sorry have been a bit AWOL :)

My money is on: 1) The car has already been crashed and the airbags weren't replaced, or 2) the seatbelts weren't on and airbags were disengaged to avert decapitation ;)

The Airbags were not Replaced !!! .And No Belt worn. So all we friends of hers all Belt Up now, but it wont last long for short hops, down the Shops.:(

Airbags are sensible devices , so that they not go of when hitting a object at low speed or at the side etc etc . It got it's input from multiple sesors in the car . In 90 % of the time or more they do work erfect but in some cases they do not go off when they are supposed to . I'm sorry to say that probably your wife had 1 of those cases .

Yes i heard of the safety feature that the seatbelt must be worn , i do not know if this feature exists on this car . Maybe check the manual .

Also , i think airbags need to be replaced at x age ( 5 years ?? ) so in many vehicels they are never ever ever changed , and it might be that they did not work like they are supposed to .

Accidents do happen , even with all the safety features on the car . When having an accident you can only hope on the passive safety features to keep you out of the hospital or worse . But this is only hope , it is not a 100% technique ( same like seatbelts are safer in 99.99% of the cases , and in the 0.01% not wearing one is safer ) .

Airbags are sensible devices , so that they not go of when hitting a object at low speed or at the side etc etc . It got it's input from multiple sesors in the car . In 90 % of the time or more they do work erfect but in some cases they do not go off when they are supposed to . I'm sorry to say that probably your wife had 1 of those cases .

Yes i heard of the safety feature that the seatbelt must be worn , i do not know if this feature exists on this car . Maybe check the manual .

Also , i think airbags need to be replaced at x age ( 5 years ?? ) so in many vehicels they are never ever ever changed , and it might be that they did not work like they are supposed to .

Accidents do happen , even with all the safety features on the car . When having an accident you can only hope on the passive safety features to keep you out of the hospital or worse . But this is only hope , it is not a 100% technique ( same like seatbelts are safer in 99.99% of the cases , and in the 0.01% not wearing one is safer ) .

:D

The Bump on the Head has made her decide on a Chevy Cruze. No Joke. Wont have the Isuzu back, says the traction things should have stopped it skidding. I have No Coment.!!.. I for one know nothing about Airbags,they are just there like the abs and ash tray.. Im sure most are as ignorant as me, its never discussed over a Pint .:)Good Info Cheers.

The Bump on the Head has made her decide on a Chevy Cruze. No Joke.

That was either a brain-damaging bump on the head, or.... she's never read this forum :D :D

When her Brain is working properly, she will deny she ever said it.:wacko:

But her 100,000 bht main dealer service for her huuby to pay will never be forgotten eh. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

A 2 year old,just 4 Door Isuzu fully loaded with all the idiot aids,fell into the trees at 70 kph ish. Lady in hospital ,glass in face, no seat belt,Airbags didn't go off. If it was my wife i would be well angry, What the hell happened ?., it was quite a prang, it took the tree out and crumpled the front real good.Any Comments from Air Baggie Fans.

THAAANKKKK YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

For all those people given me shit about the my CRUZE only having ONE airbag and it's a piece of shit because it isn't safe.

This is what I've been telling you morons. What matters is the car's ability to withstand the impact. The Cruze's frame is what makes me safe. It doesn't matter if the car has 8 airbags. What happens when they don't go off? What happens when the idiot here who said "he would rather buy a Mazda 2 than a CRUZE LS because at least it has 2 airbags."

Bullshit.

When the airbags fail to deploy in your crap Mazda 2, let me know where your funeral will be. I'll go pay my respects and drive in my CRUZE!

You are a Tosser :huh:.

Mods, a tosser is a guy who can throw a ball a long way. :)

I think he must be pissed, end of the month, Teachers Salary payed out, 1 Dripped Cruze and i Regency, money gone , then you do get pissed off. He will start on Scooters being better than the cars millions of Thais are happy to own next.:D

Teachers dont get paid until the end of the month. Today is not the end of the month.

Secnod. I dont drink.

You can't afford too. :)

Im sure you under estimate the readership. Many posters here know each other, and have some fine rides. and houses. What they dont do ive noticed is talk about them. Most keep to Wifes Ride , Trucks and everyday stuff all can debate. Remember a Wise Man has no Enemies. Its most unpleasant to belittle others. Heres an Example . Renting a Cooper for a week is more than a Months Sallery for some.. Not very pleasant is it.?...

Im sure you under estimate the readership. Many posters here know each other, and have some fine rides. and houses. What they dont do ive noticed is talk about them. Most keep to Wifes Ride , Trucks and everyday stuff all can debate. Remember a Wise Man has no Enemies. Its most unpleasant to belittle others. Heres an Example . Renting a Cooper for a week is more than a Months Sallery for some.. Not very pleasant is it.?...

Teachers in thailand either buy mopeds or tin cans.

Edited by thaicruze

THAAANKKKK YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

For all those people given me shit about the my CRUZE only having ONE airbag and it's a piece of shit because it isn't safe.

This is what I've been telling you morons. What matters is the car's ability to withstand the impact. The Cruze's frame is what makes me safe. It doesn't matter if the car has 8 airbags. What happens when they don't go off? What happens when the idiot here who said "he would rather buy a Mazda 2 than a CRUZE LS because at least it has 2 airbags."

Bullshit.

When the airbags fail to deploy in your crap Mazda 2, let me know where your funeral will be. I'll go pay my respects and drive in my CRUZE!

You are a Tosser :huh:.

Mods, a tosser is a guy who can throw a ball a long way. :)

Trans he doesn't drink remember so his probably on the YaBaa.

Does anyone know where I can get an airbag for my motorbike.:)